Eibach install questions

cobrachic

Established Member
Has anybody installed the Eibach pro-damper shocks/struts on their 'stangs?
What bump stop did you use, or how did you install the bump stops to prevent the strut from protuding from the top the car?
The kit come with NO instructions whatsoever and the bump stops are totally different than stock.

Help!!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
It should stick through th shock tower just a touch. You may want to call them and ask them for a set of directions. The bumpstops should come off your old ones and right onto your new ones. Something just sounds wrong here. Are they adjustables?

cobrachic

Established Member
Got it figured out. There were two stops for each strut in the kit. One looked like it belonged, the other one didn't. The diameter of the hole in the second stop, was pretty small smaller than the top part of the strut, but there was notch (for lack of a better term) that was the diameter of the main shaft. We figured the diameter was so small to keep it snug and with the notch on the bottom, prevent it from coming up too far. So we just jammed it on there and reinstalled the strut. It seems to have worked and the car sits fine, but haven't really tested it yet. Once the alignment is done, I will be able to have a better idea.

It just didn't look right when we were putting it in. The stops were so very different from the stock ones, and we were pretty sure that for 400 bux, we wouldn't be using the old stock bushings. :shrug:

It was just frustrating that the parts came with NO instructions. I guess it is because Eibach wants them installed by a 'professional'.

The car looks much better now though...no more 4x4 action!! haha I can't wait to drive it and see how much better it handles.

Thanks bunches for responding!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread