Eibach springs too wide for bodywork?

hmwave

Established Member
Just fitted a set of Eibach Pros.
The springs appear to be slightly wider than stock as the top of the driver side rear is hard against the body seam at the outside edge of the spring perch. The passenger side is not touching but is very close. I fitted them with MM urethane isolators.

I assume the spring will settle in to the perch when it seats fully into the upper isolator but if it doesn't will the spring transmit vibration into the body if it continues to touch the body seam?

TRBO VNM

I would like to know as well since I just bought these springs, but haven't installed them before. I think I read a thread on one of these boards where 1 other person had this and they said there were no negative effects of it.

hmwave

Established Member
There were no instructions with the springs so I put them in the same orientation as the stock springs. Checked with MM and they said to put them in that way.

If you were looking down on the spring top and the front of the car was 12 o'clock the top end of the coil is exactly at the 12 o'clock position and the bottom end of the coil is sitting in the grooved isolator somewhere between 1 and 2pm.
Both springs are fitted the same orientation.

If that's the wrong orientation let me know!

pny_xtc

Established Member
I used the same orientation when I put mine in and the car sat a half inch higher on the right side. So I rotated the spring 180 degrees and now it sits level.

Users who are viewing this thread