Eibach Springs

mingrey302

Established Member
:shrug:This guy is selling me some Eibach springs. He said they should fit a 2003 Cobra. And these are the specs for those springs.
Rears Eibach160644: 3590.002 Fronts Eibach1571044: 3510.301
Will they fit?

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
can you still find kenne brown springs? That is what i have and love the ride and stance - see sig pic. the 3" exhaust doesnt like speed bumps but that is all i have a problem with.

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
holy crap, those are expensive! LOL guess im glad the car came with them already installed.. next question, why arent they more popular? I always get compliments on the stance but i have yet to meet anyone in person that is running these springs too

Taz

Established Member
holy crap, those are expensive! LOL guess im glad the car came with them already installed.. next question, why arent they more popular? I always get compliments on the stance but i have yet to meet anyone in person that is running these springs too

As you said, they're expensive. Most folks don't want to spend that kind of money on a set of springs. Also, the dealer network for most brands of springs is a whole lot bigger than the number of vendors selling Kenny Brown Performance products.

To make matters worse, KBP was off the radar for a long time during the worst of Kenny's illness. A few of the products continued to be made by the original fabricators and were marketed by some expatriot KBP folks under the "Engineered Performance" label, but they were hard to find.

I'm running the Engineered Performance EP85245 springs, because that's what was available during the time I was looking for my last set of springs, but they're 100% Kenny Brown KBP85245 springs, right down to the box in which they were shipped.

Kenny Brown springs are different from most of the aftermarket springs for our cars in that they have lower rates in front than out back to reduce understeer.

That fact and their linear, rather than progressive, design were two important considerations for me. I've been running them for two years, now, and I LOVE them.

Last edited:

DarkSnake

03 DSG Cobra
Established Member
If you are into any real handling or open track racing get the steeda sport springs for the cobra. Everyone that I know that got the Eibachs took them off and changed. The steedas give a nice stance with a bit of lowering and make the car take the turns like the car is on rails. The steeda springs also make a big difference to wheel hop on the drag strip.

bigmoose

Established Member
:shrug:This guy is selling me some Eibach springs. He said they should fit a 2003 Cobra. And these are the specs for those springs.
Rears Eibach160644: 3590.002 Fronts Eibach1571044: 3510.301
Will they fit?

i've already looked into this. those springs are for the 1999-2001 cobra. they will fit your car, but the rear is slightly different, it will ride too high. i bought a set cheap. the fronts are slightly lower than stock. i'm going to cut a coil off to rear to match. if you can get them cheap then go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread