Eibach's new anti-rollbar kit

coolcobra

Established Member
Eibach now offers front and rear sway bar kit for our 2004/4 Cobras.

Has anyone bought and installed this kit?

How difficult is it to replace the front and rear sway bars?

The rear bar is adjustable.

- Aj -

Established Member
I don't think anyone has this setup yet. I would be interested to find out more about it though.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
They should be a bolt on affair. The rear may be a bit more difficult.

I'm very interested in them as well. Don't know anyone using them though.

Tman

Established Member
I just ordered one and its just over 6 bills canadian so probably around 400US+. Should be here no later than the end of the month so once I install it I will let you guys know unless someone else gets it sooner. :thumbsup:

Hye

Established Member
take a look underneath our cars, the front sway bar looks easy to swap out, the rear on the other hand, holy hell...

I was going to order this kit and put it on myself until I saw the location of the rear sway bars in our cars.

racebronco2

Established Member
if you lower the rear of the irs you can remove the rear bar ... cool cobra sure had fun last weekend at the streets, i am ordering a new temp sensor since mine is not accurate .... carlos

Johnscobra

HYEVON
Established Member
I just installed this kit and let me tell you guys it is a huge difference no more body roll for me. And yea the rear was pain in the rear, what i did for the rear is that i had a friend who has a lift at his shop, and no you dont have to lower your IRS to get the rear just lower the gas tank a tad bit and you can slide out the bar, and once you take off the rear tires it is easy to get to the bolts. And for the front it was too easy. goodluck guys and yea it is worth it for our cars.

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
I'd like to get a closer look at the kit before determining that it's worth anything. What's it made out of, how is it assembled, do you have any pictures?

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
antiroll bars are made of spring steel.

dont forget a set of maximum motorsports' rear antiroll bar end links. the factory end links are craptacular.

What about the install hardware? Does it use the stock brackets, new ones, endlinks?

coolcobra

Established Member
Eibach swaybar kit

I ordered the front and rear kit from Maximum Motorsports. Total cost of $338 which included california tax and shipping to San Diego.

Talking to Eibach customer service, they claim it comes with urethane bushings for the bars, and new rear end links that are adjustable. The front comes with new urethane bushings for the end links.

The bars are red powder coated, and both are tubular to save weight. The size is 30mm front, and 26 mm rear.

I could not get any infor on the spring rate relative to the Ford stock sway bars. The SVT hotline would not comment on after market swaybars, but once I mentioned the Eibach set up, he said go for it!

Thanks for the suggesting dropping the gas tank.

Carlos, how's it going? So your temperature sender was inaccurate. How bad was it? I had tremendous wear from the left front tire, Nitto 555II. I was really plowing a lot arond the "streets of Willow" so with your comment about the Eibach set up, and called around and ordered the kit. Should have it installed, I will try it myself, for the Buttonwillow affair next month. See you there.

- Aj -

Established Member
coolcobra said:
I ordered the front and rear kit from Maximum Motorsports. Total cost of $338 which included california tax and shipping to San Diego.

Talking to Eibach customer service, they claim it comes with urethane bushings for the bars, and new rear end links that are adjustable. The front comes with new urethane bushings for the end links.

The bars are red powder coated, and both are tubular to save weight. The size is 30mm front, and 26 mm rear.

I could not get any infor on the spring rate relative to the Ford stock sway bars. The SVT hotline would not comment on after market swaybars, but once I mentioned the Eibach set up, he said go for it!

Well that's interesting...didn't know about the endlinks. That price is even better now. Please post pics when you receive/install them. That is one "how-to" that is not covered on this forum. :beer:

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
coolcobra said:

Eibach's website lists 35mm and 29mm?

BlueStripe

Bad Ass with Class
Established Member
whistlin93SVT said:
What is the benefit of adjustable sway bars? What does the adjusting do?

Allows you to tune the cars handling characteristics. It's a means for people that don't want to get coilovers to fine-tune their suspension. If I remember correctly, the closer you set the endlinks to the pivot bushings, the stiffer the bar acts.

Users who are viewing this thread