Electric Cars

Aaron_01

Banned
What does everyone think about these electric cars. Does anyone think they will ever be able to make an electric sports car, granted you dont get the sound but im sure they could put a big battery pack on it or something and get some big hp. I kinda hope they make some electric cars, as I have no inclination to ever get one it may drop gas prices down to nothing

Aaron_01

Banned
Same, but if they come out in mass production that would drastically drop gasoline prices. Less demand for the supply

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
Great post Aaron!!!

Never say never. Transportation is always better than walking. I wonder how many people swore they would never ride anything other than a horse?!

Personally, I hope the day of hydrogen fuel celled cars will arrive for the sake of our environment and to eliminate our dependancy on foreign petroleum.

Yes, I would reluctantly drive an electric if it had similar range, quick refueling, and cost per mile characteristics as cars now. As a daily driver if nothing else. But I'd keep my fire breathing venum spitter fueled up and coiled in the garage ready to go!!!

:D

Aaron_01

Banned
Hey I see all of these Greenpeace commercials about how they want windpowered powerplants. Sure thats all fine and great, get rid of pollution and save the ozone layer, but I want my gasoline powered car. Lots of power, great sound, and so on. If they can make an electric car pump out whopping HP numbers, or even have it sorta like a t/c's boost controller. Use a little computer screen in the car where you can activly change the hp/tq numbers, along with other things. I mean that would be great, and might even make up for the lack of badass sound you get with the gas car.
They dont even have to make them ugly looking like all of the new ones (Prius, etc.), they could use current car body styles. I suppose that would be pretty cool. But instead of being gearheads we'd all have to be computer nerds learning how to tune those things. I mean the biggest concern with me is getting the power. If they can produce and electric car with 700hp+ with a big ass range on one battery charge or whatever I and everyone here would be all over that!

Bryon

Established Member
I remember hearing about this, "The Tango":

"Who might trade in their regular car for a Tango? Anyone who has a need for speed. To say this zero-emissions vehicle is fast would be an understatement. It's lightning fast.

Imagine doing zero to 60 MPH in less than four seconds. Many gas-guzzling sports cars, including Porsches and Lamborghinis, can't even do that.

But this svelte electric car can.

Because the motor is electric, it doesn't need to build up power like an internal combustion engine. Even if you're not a car buff, consider this: The Dodge Viper hits a maximum of 490-foot pounds of torque, and it has to spool up to 3700 RPMs before it gets there.

But said Bryan Woodbury: 'We have 1,000 foot-pounds of torque at 0 RPMs.'
In other words, the Tango has all its power available before you even touch the gas pedal (make that "electricity" pedal).

"We found that in electric drag racing there were electric cars and controllers and motors available that could beat a Dodge Viper by a full second in the quarter mile," Rick Woodbury said.

Bryan Woodbury estimates the cars will have up to 400 horsepower once they're tested. That's plenty of power, considering the entire vehicle weighs about 2,500 pounds. In comparison, the Dodge Viper weighs in at 3,490 pounds."

-from ABCNEWS.COM

Forgot the best part...pictures! LMAO!

http://www.commutercars.com/gallery.html

Last edited:

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by OKC03Cobra
Who wants a car that goes 0-60 in three days?

If they made an electric car that went fast I would probobly get it. Save alot on gas, but I would SAS keep my gas cars too, prices would be goin way down with mass production of electric cars

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
why the heck are the electric cars so ugly! I mean if the car companies want the car to catch on, they better start hiring better designers...

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I think even if they did become mandatory someday, we will find a way to make them faster. It's just human nature to want to go fast. I think initially it would be a step back performance wise, but eventually (and it might not take that long) high performance would be engineered from these vehicles. In the meantime, I plan on burning LOTS of high octane fuel.:beer:

nj7703

Established Member
I worry about leakes. Imagine taking it thru the car wash, like throwing a car battery into the tub. ZAP!!! . :-D Who needs it, if my car does not get under 20mpg it can't be any fun to drive.

Bryon

Established Member
I can see not many actually read what I posted. Let me summarize for those with reading impaiment and ADD (our educational system ROCKS!).

Electric car already exists that goes 0-60 mph in under 4 seconds. Goes through 1/4 mile a full second faster than a Dodge Viper. 1000 lb/ft torque. 400 HP. 0-60 in three days indeed. 80 miles per charge. 3 hrs to fully recharge. If mass produced, should be under 20K. Not designed to replace all cars, just commuter cars. I hope that wasn't too many words.

Still butt ugly, but I personally might consider one if I had to commute. I'd just consider it a beater car that got great gas mileage.

rdvenom99

Established Member
Originally posted by Ghoust
why the heck are the electric cars so ugly! I mean if the car companies want the car to catch on, they better start hiring better designers...

That's what I think everytime I see one. It seems they make them ugly just so they stick out, which they do, but it's not gonna gain them any customers making the cars nasty looking.

Users who are viewing this thread