electric cutout?

badzinc03

Established Member
I have SLP Longtubes, o/r x, and LM1. At first i liked it but it is just too loud now. Just wondering about peoples opinions on them. Also would changin to the loudmouth II's make that much of a differnce? I want it loud sometimes, just not all the time because it is my daily driver.

badzinc03

Established Member
ill try and get some within the next few days.....when i downshift i make children cry....haha

blownSVT03

I know it's LOUD!
Established Member
Haha!! Supposedly the LM2's are the same loudness with less raspiness then the LM1's. If u want to go quieter i would suggest a chambered muffler such as MAC, Bassani, etc.

MY DREAM

Established Member
I have the DMH electronic cutouts on a MAC O/R H-Pipe and the stock cat back. That way I can have it loud when I want it and quite when I need it. Here is a vid so you can hear the diff between open and closed. Oh yea, the power diff between running through the stock cat back and with the cut outs open is 21 HP and 15 TQ more with the cutouts open.

http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=50C19F73-5579-479C-A763-DC9DB9D0539B

James

badzinc03

Established Member
hey thanks MY DREAM! I definetly want to do them now!! What is the quietest catback that would bolt up to my slp x pipe?

MY DREAM

Established Member
badzinc03 said:
hey thanks MY DREAM! I definetly want to do them now!! What is the quietest catback that would bolt up to my slp x pipe?

The stock catback. Should be pretty easy to get a hold of a set of stock muflers cause no one really has them on thier car any more.

James

MY DREAM

Established Member
Pretty much.....mods listed below.
500.5 RWHP 468 RWTQ
LFP 2.93 upper w/100mm Aux idler
LFP Heat Exchanger
JLT RAI
MAC OR H-Pipe w/electronic exhaust cutouts
BF IRS Brace
NGK TR6 plugs @ .038
PCV Oil seperator