Electric fan install ??'s

TX93Cobra

Established Member
Thats okay. Just wna see how everything looks.i want to do an e fan swap. Whered you order the fan from

St8-E

Established Member
OK!! Thanks to all of your help, I finished the wiring this evening. I tapped into the red/yellow stripe wire that runs to the coolant overflow bottle sensor. The loom for this sensor runs from underneath the battery tray, which is where I tapped into the wire. Therefore, you can't see it at all. I also wired the fan to come on when the A/C clutch engages. I tapped into the black/yellow stripe wire coming from just underneath the ignition coil. As I am sure you all know, the connector that actually hooks into the A/C compressor is a harness that is connected to just underneath the coil. I tapped it at that connection. Pretty much all of the wiring is totally hidden.

TX,

I took the best pics I could...i am at work right now and will post the pics up tomorrow. The install involved the Flex-a-lite Black Magic 185 fan kit. This kit came with everything (ie, controller, temp probe, brackets, etc.) I also installed the PA Performance 130A alternator kit with the "beefed up" standard power wire. I already have a Fluidyne 3 core aluminum radiator...everything works as it should and the car hasn't caught fire yet...which is a plus!! Once again, thanks all who contributed to my bone headed questions...!! Now if only it would stop snowing in PA, I may be able to get it out of the garage!! Maybe I will put more than 200 miles on it this summer!

Last edited:

buddha93

Established Member
Glad you finished it up.

We had a break in the weather a couple of weeks ago, snow last week, and now it supposed to be in the mid 60's this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread