Electric fan

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
Just thought i'd ask you guys and see what you all think is the best electric fan kit to use. I looked at the JDM kit and it seems pretty well put together. I was also wondering about the electric water pump. Is it worth it? To round this off will be the gordsford H/E. I don't know what to do about the radiator if i should leave it or get something else. So lets see what ya'll think.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i wouldnt waste my money, theres too many issues and its cost isnt worth the performance it claims

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I bought an electric kit and used the fans from an LS1 Camaro and they work awesome. Oh and you also have to make your own brackets but that was not a big deal at all.

Silver04L

93 Octane Member
Established Member
I have the LFP kit and have had no issues. I guess there were some issues with the relays before, but I have been told they fixed it. As for the electric water pump, I wouldn't do it especially on a truck that is driven regularly. Mostly becaus eof the greater chances of an electric pump failing over a mechanical pump.....

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
so the best bet so far is the LSx fans? about how much did the whole deal run you guys that went with those?

jsnm

Established Member
I just got the JDM fan kit and its definitely the most well put together kit ive seen.Comes with everything you need,and a very easy to understand installation instructions.The relays and wiring has been changed since they had issues,i also did a 04 navigator water pump with it.

Krwy

Established Member
I put my own kit together. The fan is from a Lincoln Mark VIII and pulls a LOT of air. The fan controller is a soft start from Flex-a-Lite.
JDM uses some cheap ass 'L' brackets, I used a aluminum ring to seal off the egdes inbetween the stock shroud and the electric fan. 0 problems to this day.
DSC01569.gif

DSC01563.gif

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
im running the fans off my 95 TransAm and they work great, i have a set of LS fans somewhere that im gonna upgrade to and see how they do. wish i had some pics b/c its clean.

GK_crewchief

Kenne Bell Boosted
Established Member
JDM Electric Fan Kit here.... Only thing I notice is that when I turn my A/C on my fuel pressure gauge dips for a second and when my headlights are on, they dim for a second when the fan kicks on. I replaced my battery and it still hasn't fixed the dip in power. Other than that the fan kit is great.

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
went with the LFP kit and put the toggle switch inside the cab and switch it on when I am in the cooldown lane.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have the LFP fan. When we installed it we did extensive dyno testing on it. I have an article written about it and will post it in the next couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread