Electric fans?

arods93snake

1 of 185
Established Member
I am looking to install a dual electric fan. I have looked at both the Flexalite and PermaCool. I really like the Perma Cool with its 5900cfm dual fans and direct bolt on case. The Flexalite is in a strong second and that leaves me undecided on which one to get. Are any you guys running electrics? and if so which ones? I know the Mk 7 fan is widely used but it is hard to find. Any suggestions. I am going to be running Hi-Milar hoses, a high volume W/P and a 160 deg. thermostat with water wetter additive. Any ideas or similar setups?

Thanks Arod

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
If you're on a budget, get the mark VIII, they're about $90 or so on the corral, but they do eat up a lot of power. If you got the dough, drop the money on the flexalite 295's, the cost are their only drawback. Many guys run efans, its one of the very first mods done to a truck. I haven't heard of anyone running a permacool. Also, I think the 160 thermo might be too cold, even for Florida (Living in Hawaii, I've looked into this before). There's a good thread over on the nloc about this.

Last edited:

383svt

Established Member
I run the Flrx a lite 295. only drawback is it is heavy compared to like a 210. but it definately does the job!

scootro

Established Member
turbosvt93 said:
I use a Flex-a-lite and love it. Never had a problem with over heating. This is the one I use http://www.flex-a-lite.com/auto/html/27inch-electric.html. But I would use the Painless e-fan wiring kit. I use a 180 in my truck and thats still to cool for the most part. Just use the stock 195* and drill a small hole in it to help the air escape.
yep same here... my truck never over heats.

94jeff

Established Member
I have the Flex-a-lite 210 that I took off my '94 that I'd like to sell. I have the orig. adj. temp. sender and the Painless e-fan wiring kit. If you are interested email me
[email protected]. I'll make it worth your time. I also have some other parts that you may be interested in. Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread