Electric Focus Rear Motor Mount for ST

sleepin 4.6

Established Member
Kills the wheel hop and you don't have to sacrifice any drivability. Most of the aftermarket ones car vibrations through the car.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I can do the how to. I haven't put mine in yet. My fox is in my garage at the moment while I'm chasing down whatever is causing bank1 to command lean...ruling out wiring issues before I yank the injectors.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
No problem. I've contributed writeups with photo's to the rpod site (camper) but never to here or another car forum. I'm typically not early enough in the chain to be a meaningful contributor.

I plan on swapping that mount this weekend (probably saturday) so snapping a bunch of pictures then throwing a writeup together will be easy.

If you ever feel the need to throw money at a project car without the initial cost of purchase...I'd be happy to test some exhaust's out :beer: j/k.

Now we just need someone to press redline to get us some hood struts for these things (and the 2011 Explorers). I HATE prop rods.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Weather is supposed to be total garbage this weekend. Not sure if I'll get a chance to swap the mount out or not. I have a friend with a big detached garage...if he has an open bay I might try to knock it out down there.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Weather is supposed to be total garbage this weekend. Not sure if I'll get a chance to swap the mount out or not. I have a friend with a big detached garage...if he has an open bay I might try to knock it out down there.

I think crap weather is getting a bit old for all of us.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I had the same issue at ~800 miles, dealer replaced the knock sensor and been good for the past 7000 miles
No Knock sensors on fox mustangs. I swapped all my injectors, but the problem didn't move. Let the fun begin. I'm sure it's something simple..I just hope I can find it quickly.

I think crap weather is getting a bit old for all of us.

Tell me about it. I just froze my tata's off at an auto-x today, and it's snowing outside right now. Enough already...I want my mid 70's.

2004Droptop

Established Member
No Knock sensors on fox mustangs. I swapped all my injectors, but the problem didn't move. Let the fun begin. I'm sure it's something simple..I just hope I can find it quickly.

Tell me about it. I just froze my tata's off at an auto-x today, and it's snowing outside right now. Enough already...I want my mid 70's.

Duh, thought you were talking about the ST...I was

Last edited:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Duh dirty thought you were talking about the ST...I was

LOL, no problem. I hope to figure out the fox's issue this weekend, I'm gonna pull the exhaust (again) and make sure I eliminate this exhaust leak. I'm hoping it's causing a false reading on bank2, but we'll see.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
You guys should check out the rear mount we offer.

Ford Focus ST xFlex

And here's a video comparison of both engine mounts.

Click Here to see the video on youtube

That is a very nice piece, but for what I'm doing with the car (Hauling the kiddo back and forth to daycare and driving to work) it's probably overkill. The E-focus mount is only 40 bucks, which doesn't solve all the problems, but it's good enough for me.

If I ever start tracking the car, that mount you have listed there is on the top of my to-do list.

Users who are viewing this thread