Electric Fuel pressure guage reading

Bikeboy77

Established Member
My Lighting came with an Auto Meter electric fuel pressure guage but was not working because the sending unit was missing. I bought a new sending unit and installed it today. Maybe I'm just used to my trans am but the fuel pressure seemed way off. Running at idle fuel pressure was reading at 30 PSI's and would jump to 40 PSI's when I revved it. That just seems really low to me and the fact that it go's up when I give it guess kinda weirds me out. My trans am would be around 58-60 PSI's and would go down a couple points under load as it consumed the extra fuel. Is this normal or is something not right here.
Thanks in advance!
Bob

Bikeboy77

Established Member
I guess there two different animals. MY trans am had a Vortech Aftercooler setup on there 480 RWHP at 6 PSI's and held a steady 58-60 PSI's except under boost where it would drop a couple PSI's. I've just never seen a fuel set up where the pressure actually increases under use.

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
Bikeboy77 said:
I guess there two different animals. MY trans am had a Vortech Aftercooler setup on there 480 RWHP at 6 PSI's and held a steady 58-60 PSI's except under boost where it would drop a couple PSI's. I've just never seen a fuel set up where the pressure actually increases under use.

Yep, they're definitely two different animals. But, that's what this forum is here for. A lot of us would be completely in the dark as to how to mod these trucks etc. if it wasn't for this forum. I'm glad you're gaining knowledge about your L before wasting money or doing something as simple/bad as putting the incorrect tranny fluid in her. :beer:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Fbodies (especially LS1's if that's what you had) ran a shitload of fuel pressure. Just they way they were set up I guess.

Bikeboy77

Established Member
Thanks guys, I've already learned a boatload of knowledge on here and I have 100 times more to learn. I've also learned that I should put on a K/B blower and I learned that I can't afford to buy that and a new forged shortblock =)

Bikeboy77

Established Member
mine is idiling it 30 psi but goes all the way up to 50 psi's at wot and 10 lbs of boost. I guess more is better then less =)

Users who are viewing this thread