Electrical problem-03 v6

Five-ohh-Love

Established Member
2003 v6 with 62k miles, all stock.

Everyonce in awhile when im driving down the road the headunit and ac will cut off for a split second and go back to normal. Then at night when all the lights are on it happens almost every 5 min. The other night while parked with the ac and all lights on, i put my foot on the brake and hit both window buttons to the up position (with the windows already up) just to put a load on it and all the lights dim to almost nothing, the voltage gauge goes all the way past the L, the headunit turns off, and the car almost dies. I take my foot off the brake and the window buttons and everything goes back to normal.

The battery was 3 months old and once i first noticed the problem it was then replaced 4 days ago with a new one because a load test on it came up bad. Once the new battery was in the whole problem was gone till last night.

The alternator is now a year old and is Motorcraft that came straight from Ford. When the battery was tested bad the alternator also was tested and passed with flying colors.

So where do i start and does it sound like a have a short?

Users who are viewing this thread