Electronic Rust Proofing?

SVTRick

SVTRick
Established Member
Has anyone heard of this before? Someone told me of this but did not khow the details.I m not even sure it exist. any body else khow anything

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
Yes, I used it, Basically, the entire surface of the car is oxidizing - all the iron, all the aluminum, even the paint. The electronic rustproofing basically provides a very low-level charge to the chassis - making the battery something of a "sacrificial annode". The biggest issue I had using it was that the "contacts" were over-engineered (likely to make people think they're getting more for their money) and were largish, clunky boxes that attached to the body / engine via double sided tape. They fell off a lot.
If you've ever looked under a hood with a lot of bare aluminum and it's been all corroded - an electronic system can really keep that crap at bay.

Consider a Google on "electronic rustproofing"

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
93Cobra2771 said:
Sounds like something I would avoid...
Yeah, sounds like a strange option. Never heard of it either until Sat. when Rick bought the car.
Anyone know how to tell if the system is still on the car and functioning? It has a blinking red light near the instrument cluster and was supposedly a dealer installed option.
Nice car again. :beer:
-J

SVTRick

SVTRick
Established Member
thanks

Thanks again. The car I bought had it on it and I nor the 2nd owner khew much about it . The flashing light makes appear to be an alarm. SVTRick

kcp203

Established Member
On the basis of pure chemistry the principle is sound. However, that does not mean that any particular system on the market actually works in practice.

It won't do any harm in any case

PJM99

Established Member
I remember reading about a process that auto makers are using now during assembly where the metal is sent through some electronic process to protect against rust.

Users who are viewing this thread