Electronic Throttle Body.

StrokedSBF

Established Member
Major downfall by Ford. Worse move ever for a performance car. I drive cars with electronic throttle everyday and it feels fake like your only giving the car a suggestion on what to do. :nonono:

Fourcam330

Established Member
StrokedSBF said:
Major downfall by Ford. Worse move ever for a performance car. I drive cars with electronic throttle everyday and it feels fake like your only giving the car a suggestion on what to do. :nonono:

Yes the ETC sucks, but the cure is a simple processor reflash, just like the F150 3v 5.4s and the '05 Mustang GT 3v 4.6L.

StrokedSBF

Established Member

Will it make it more responsive? I know ETC's are slow to react thats my main problem with them.

And hows the new motor coming along?

Fourcam330

Established Member
StrokedSBF said:
Will it make it more responsive? I know ETC's are slow to react thats my main problem with them.

And hows the new motor coming along?

Yes, it gets rid of the delay/slop between pedal and TB quite nicely. The 5.4L 3v truck motors have a .7-1.0 second delay when upshfiting at WOT, and when slamming the pedal from a dig from the factory--the reflash takes care of it all.
T minus ~2 mos. until the new mill drops in. The weather is finally breaking up here so I'm starting to get ancy :burnout: Thanks for asking.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
The issue with the ETC is going to be the ability it gives Ford to control many other aspects of the motor...i.e. traction control, increased boost, etc. They will literally be able (with software) to tell when you're hammering on the car and pull the throttle out of it. I've read articles already where this has been a huge issue with tuners on the 05's. The ETC just kills horsepower at times when modding. However, a couple of tuners have got past this already with amazing results, so I wouldn't worry too much about it...except that the flash will cost you your warranty...again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread