Elitexc Cbs Tonite

schmitt55

99 Cobra fan
Established Member
Tonite is the nite that elitexc goes live on tv and i was just telling everyone to watch so it can do good. i think mma needs more than one succesful organization to benefit the figthers. I know that the ufc is the place to be if you want to fight some of the best fighters but lets face it they dont pay enough. lets say AFFLICTION or ELITEXC are succesful and get great ppv and great ratings then fighters will get pay WAY MORE than what the ufc pays and fighters that are fighting for the ufc will have an option to go somewhere else or ufc will pay more to keep the stars. look at boxers and the amount they make. i think what chuck,randy and tito make is BS this guys get beat up worst than boxers.just my opinion. WAR MMA:rockon:

canibus

Established Member
they signed up for it, why is their salary so important to you. i could care less about what they're making. chuck owns a ferrari so he can't be doing that bad

schmitt55

99 Cobra fan
Established Member
they signed up for it, why is their salary so important to you. i could care less about what they're making. chuck owns a ferrari so he can't be doing that bad

they signed up for it because there is nowhere else to go to. its important to me because im a fighter and i think after all the ufc makes for them to give them change sucks. chuck drives a ferrari,tito owns a phantom, but for what they are doing that is nothing. liddel makes 250K a fight just like tito and randy plus ppv cuts so they make about 1.5-2 Million a fight for taking a beating. Oscar dela hoya madkes like 20 millions a fight and the sport its not that brutal. i think its disrespectful to the fighters paying them that,basically its kinda saying you aint worth it but they make like 40 million a card. i just think its great that we get big organizations to compete for fighters.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
What time does it start?

UFC fighters make their money on bonuses and on sponserships. I think the KO or Sub of the night bonuses are somewhere around 25000. Thats 5 times most of the undercard fighters fight plus win bonus.

canibus

Established Member
they signed up for it because there is nowhere else to go to. its important to me because im a fighter and i think after all the ufc makes for them to give them change sucks. chuck drives a ferrari,tito owns a phantom, but for what they are doing that is nothing. liddel makes 250K a fight just like tito and randy plus ppv cuts so they make about 1.5-2 Million a fight for taking a beating. Oscar dela hoya madkes like 20 millions a fight and the sport its not that brutal. i think its disrespectful to the fighters paying them that,basically its kinda saying you aint worth it but they make like 40 million a card. i just think its great that we get big organizations to compete for fighters.

I don't want to start a shit storm but don't compare mma to boxing. while it's more brutal and to some more exiting, it has not lived the time that boxing has. boxing has been around for ages and it deserves to be a well payed sport.

since when is 1.5 to 2 million not enough

i find it funny that mma fighter or fans always say boxing doesn't compare, but it's ok to compare salaries.

nhancedsvt

Established Member
i'm taping it. my local cbs network is doing the annual children's miracle network program tonight so they are not airing the fights until 1 or 2am i think.

schmitt55

99 Cobra fan
Established Member
I don't want to start a shit storm but don't compare mma to boxing. while it's more brutal and to some more exiting, it has not lived the time that boxing has. boxing has been around for ages and it deserves to be a well payed sport.

since when is 1.5 to 2 million not enough

i find it funny that mma fighter or fans always say boxing doesn't compare, but it's ok to compare salaries.

i never said that boxing sucks or that is gone for good, im a fan of boxing and i know that they deserve every penny that they get paid, but i think that when a company makes tons of money and doesnt give you a good cut its BS. yeah 1.5-2 millions is nice but thats the gross pay before tax and all the invesment that you put into it in order to fight. why do you think anderson silva wants to fight roy jones jr? because he wants a great paycheck and he deserves it. mma is getting big and i think as more people watch and pay to see fights the fighter should get more. jardine got 10K for a fight and he is a well known fighter that is BS....anyway i respect boxers and any fighter and athlete but mma fighters deserve more money

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
its important to me because im a fighter. But for what they are doing that is nothing. liddel makes 250K a fight just like tito and randy plus ppv cuts so they make about 1.5-2 Million a fight for taking a beating. I think its disrespectful to the fighters paying them that,basically its kinda saying you aint worth it.

They are getting paid what the market says their product is worth.

You think it is disrespectful to pay someone $250K a fight? The world's most dangerous occupations dont pay even close to that per year.

Common

Established Member

You think it is disrespectful to pay someone $250K a fight? The world's most dangerous occupations dont pay even close to that per year.

AK Crab fisherman>UFC fighter in the danger department.

Besides, BOXING still trumps UFC, money making wise. Let them make as much as they can, while they can, something is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.

cthunder

Established Member
ginacarano_hdsht.jpg

schmitt55

99 Cobra fan
Established Member

they are professional athletes, just like A.ROD, kobe,manning and so on. so if the ufc makes 40 millions on a single fighting card and their payroll is little over a million do you think its right. its good money but they deserve more. what happens if lets say chuck goes in a fight and gets hurt bad enough that he cant fight anymore or even worse is parallized or something like that, for 250K is not worth it. if the ufc was only making like 4 millions then you cant ask for more but come on 40 million and only pay fighters 1million :nonono:

cthunder

Established Member
Besides, BOXING still trumps UFC, money making wise. Let them make as much as they can, while they can, something is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it.
to who is the

Unfortunately boxing isn't nearly as popular as it was 10 years, 5 years ago, or even last year. There is too much confusion as to who is champion of what... I cannot even tell you who is champion of what belt. MMA is still a growing sport, and will continue to grow rather than decline like boxing is. Dont get me wrong, boxing will always be a sport, but will it be as popular as it ever was? No.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
It's going to be a great night of fights. I really can't stand Smith and hope Lawler KOs the kid.

And Gina... Mmm.

canibus

Established Member
they are professional athletes, just like A.ROD, kobe,manning and so on. so if the ufc makes 40 millions on a single fighting card and their payroll is little over a million do you think its right. its good money but they deserve more. what happens if lets say chuck goes in a fight and gets hurt bad enough that he cant fight anymore or even worse is parallized or something like that, for 250K is not worth it. if the ufc was only making like 4 millions then you cant ask for more but come on 40 million and only pay fighters 1million :nonono:

that's what he signed up for, he knows the dangers and if he accepts the terms it's his faults not the ufc's. you gotta remember that the ufc has to pay taxes on 40mil as well. not to mention all the people it takes to put the thing together and the countless employees to make things work.

should they get payed better? maybe, but i don't think it should be more than 2 mil a fight.

Users who are viewing this thread