Emblems Over Stripes?

zw470

Established Member
I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of '13 Boss style stripes from Big Worm Graphix and I'm a little concerned with the new 5.0 badges adhering well to the stripes. I don't wanna spend the $$$ to have the stupid awful useless holes filled, but I don't wanna be able to see them through the stripes, either. Has anyone done this with great success?

Vert

Established Member
It will be fine sticking to the vinyl and if your concerned on the price of the emblem, buy the $12 ones off eBay.

zw470

Established Member
Well I'm a little irritated about the emblem cost because I just put on a set of matte black 5.0 badges from American Muscle, but that's what I get for deciding to go with a different style stripe at the last minute.....

But if theyll be ok sticking to the vinyl I guess I'll just have to buy them again. Maybe AM will sell me just the precut 5.0 shaped adhesive and I can reuse the ones I just bought?

Last edited:

nother5oh

Established Member
All u need is a small role of 3m double sided tape. Pull the emblems, then remove the old 3m off of the emblems. Apply new tape covering the whole backside of the emblems, trim the excess and it will stick just as good as new. This is how body shops do it to any trim or emblems that they need to remove/reinstall.

Vert

Established Member
All u need is a small role of 3m double sided tape. Pull the emblems, then remove the old 3m off of the emblems. Apply new tape covering the whole backside of the emblems, trim the excess and it will stick just as good as new. This is how body shops do it to any trim or emblems that they need to remove/reinstall.

This is what i did with my last stang.

Lemonth

Established Member
I got a set of matte black emblems with a red dot (point) off ebay for about 6 bucks. Only problem is that the tape they used was white which is very visible, going to try to retape it.

zw470

Established Member
Well the stripes are on the way. I emailed AM asking if they'd sell me the pre-cut adhesive, if they can't/won't I guess I'll just buy a roll of the 3m tape as suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread