emissions coming...need help!

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
i have CT emissions due soon and there's no way i'm getting cats on my car anytime soon. Does anybody know a place that can "help me out" in the Hartford area? Please PM me if you know of anywhere. Thanks

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
just failed ct emissions myself today. i loaded my stock tune in right before i pulled in to to place, they pluged it in and computer said system wasnt ready, so ill be putting my stock pipe back on to pass. they didnt even look under it. shop was farmington motorsports on brickyard rd. they didnt look,but they also didnt "help me out" as most wont.

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
when I went for my CT emissions with my 04 Cobra I had SCT tune, Whipple, rear o2's off etc in tune and all supporting mods still on car - as long as your check engine light is off you will pass. Loading the stock tune around the corner will cause you to fail

jtm use either tune and put 100 miles or so on your car so it will "learn" and you will pass, no need to swap exhaust etc..... as far as pre obd 2 put the cats on because they use the sniffer.

670 of 4993

Head Colostomizer
Established Member
i have an obd1 car (93 cobra), so i need to pass the sniffer and visual :bash:
i can pass the sniffer fine, but i cant make it past the visual.

and i'm right down the street from farmington motorsports, i'm over in avon

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
you could try there, they didnt look under my car, even though it failed. just handed me the paper and said it failed. anyways i threw on the stock cat mid pipe, will go back next week

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
you could try there, they didnt look under my car, even though it failed. just handed me the paper and said it failed. anyways i threw on the stock cat mid pipe, will go back next week

The midpipe didnt cause you to fail. What caused you to fail was that you flashed your stock tune back in right before. When you do this the OBD system is "not ready" and sets a stored code. You have to drive the car so the computer can relearn the adaptives and go through the OBD readiness tests. If you didnt flash your stock tune in, and went there, you would have passed.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
well, learned the hard way, but is only an hour to swap the stock pipe on for the prochamber or

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
what about the rear o2 sensors being off in the tune? will that cause it to fail, or should i have just turned them on for the test.

Sitnlopro99gt

Established Member
jtm that won't matter as long as the engine light isn't on. I bring my car to the same place they don't do visual she just plugs it and then pass or fail.

2ndGearPull

Going Down So Smooth!
Established Member
i have CT emissions due soon and there's no way i'm getting cats on my car anytime soon. Does anybody know a place that can "help me out" in the Hartford area? Please PM me if you know of anywhere. Thanks

Do you need a stock H-Pipe? I have one you can rent or buy! Its for a 87-93 Mustang 4 cats good shape.

Last edited:

jrock817

The Sandman
Established Member
lol i just passed in ct with straight pipes, and i had a guy tack on some heat shields for visual "satisfaction" they didnt even look. if you need a sniffer test, then you have to be legit, as they are def gonna look since they have to stuff the sniffer in there anyway. no one is gonna "help you out" because they record everything on camera, and they will go to jail for helping you, not to mention lose their licenses to provide testing

Users who are viewing this thread