Emissions in Illinois...

Youngunn

Established Member
Okay so this is for some of you fellow Illinois brethren on here... With the mods on your trucks did it pass the Illinois emissions? Do they just do the OBD-II scan with the computer and thats it? Or do the stick the sniffer up the tailpipe and on the gas cap?

thanks for the info

TERMINATED97

Established Member
no check engine light = pass. I forgot which year they stop the sniffer in. My brother drove his cobra there will full exhaust, long tubes, no cats, no egr, and 100 octane. Stunk up the whole place and he passed lol

Youngunn

Established Member
Lol... nice!!! Yeah i just moved here from missouri last year, and in missouri, they still require sniffers AND a full vehicle inspection every year... Illinois frickin rocks!:rockon::banana::beer:

Youngunn

Established Member
lol sweet! yeah, my brother had a 86 f-150 with the straight 6 300ci engine in it, he *built* that sucker, had like 300hp, 450 tq, fuel injected, split headers. BUT in missouri, still had to pass emissions. Even with like two bottles of heet poured in it, it would't pass. had to have a custom egr plate fabricated and installed under the 4 barrel carb, engine was never the same.

missouri - i love your beautiful hills and trees, and lakes, but not your emissions!:nonono:

Youngunn

Established Member
ya i think it goes county to county... currently im in madison county but am moving to macoupin county next couple of weeks...:dw:DEEP Chevy country up there...:dw: but yeah, they don't emissions test there. forgot bout that!

LightningEd

Established Member
There should only the OBDII check and that is it. Just make sure all codes have been cleared and your tuner has made the appropriate changes for mods if you need them.

Skrat

Established Member
They'll plug it in and you'll pass if theres no SES light on.
Lets just say, I pulled in for a test with my 2000 Mustang, untuned, with cams, LT's, no cats, dumps, and race gas.....I passed. You'll be fine. lol.

Skrat

Established Member
no check engine light = pass. I forgot which year they stop the sniffer in. My brother drove his cobra there will full exhaust, long tubes, no cats, no egr, and 100 octane. Stunk up the whole place and he passed lol

Hey you're not that Polish guy that drives up and down Belmont/Harlem by any chance, are ya?

Users who are viewing this thread