Emissions test

gotjack

Established Member
I'm in IL and have passed emissions tests for almost 20 years with a catless x pipe. I run 02 sims, left my monitors on and it passes no problem. Smells like a lawnmower in the bay but they've never said a word.

Haha lawn mower nice man I was worried it wouldn’t with all these damn electric cars they want us to drive

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Had to deal with this a couple years ago. I ran a hi-flow catted x for years. I'm my state they did the tail pipe sniffer and I always passed no problem. Kenne bell 2.2, injectors, maf, custom tune with the rear 02's turned off. Passed every 2 years like clock work.

Then one year the state switched it up and went ODB2 testing. I'm like "fine go ahead and plug in, no check engine light here ". So they plug in and come back 10 minutes later saying the test is incomplete. All the readiness monitors are not set. They asked if I recently had the battery disconnected and to drive the car for a couple more days then come back.

After some research I come to find my custom tune had the 02's off, and egr off so my readyness monitors were not even active let alone set and showed a state of "ready".

The solution was to have a tune created that would jive with my maf, injectors ect and have all the emissions switches turned ON in the tune. Thank goodness I never removed the egr, and still had hi flow cats on the car. Dropped the tune in, drove the car for a couple hundred miles then I passed.

I was concerned at one point because even with the high flow cats the catalyst monitors would not set...thinking my after market cats were not removing enough contaminates to set the catalyst monitor. Luckily in Ohio not all the monitors have to be ready, I think only 6 out of 7 have to be ready. After I passed I immediately got my collectors plates lol.

Users who are viewing this thread