Emissions Test

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
Ok guys i have come for your help
MY car needs to be inspected this month, so i took it today and the HC (hydro-carbons) were a little on the high side 3.37 and the limit is 2.25.
The guy doing the test said it could be the o 2 sensor, is there anyway to check the sensor to see if it is ok??
also i have a 9 lb s/c on the car so could the fmu be to rich?? maybe could i mess with the timing just for the test to get it to pass (boost is not reached while on the dyno for testing)
maybe even an octane booster??
i dont know guys so any help will be great
thanks in advance

Mike

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
not off the top of my head....... I wanna say .34 or something like that, but again not sure.....

Blown306

Established Member
A bad O2 sensor will typically throw a code, I suppose they could operate 'close to the edge of failure', i.e. not switch around the proper A/F mix. You could tap into the O2 signal and watch it switch, but without a WB to compare it to, that won't tell you much, other than it does indeed switch.

Start with dropping some timing and especially fuel pressure IMO. If you are up on the miles with those O2's, you might just want to bite the bullet and replace them.

Users who are viewing this thread