Employer Requiring Direct Deposit....Legal?

zachcrosen

Established Member
I am salaried and my past 2 jobs which have covered 12 years have required that I have my checks direct deposited into my account. I have also always had electronic access to my pay stubs and W2. I don't think this applies to the hourly workforce at either job though.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Usually when a company requires direct deposit, they'll offer a payroll card. Usually, these payroll cards rape the user and provide kickbacks to the company. I WISH my company even offered direct deposit. Our home office spends so much money over nighting our checks twice a monthy from coast to coast...and it ain't always on time :(

Sick03Vert

Banned
IMO, my business, my say so!!

Oh no it isn't. And that's the attitude of small business owners, and that's the problem. Just because you own a business DOES NOT put you above state and federal laws. :nono:

You can quit trolling me now after you got butthurt in the open carry thread. You fail...quite badly.:loser:

I don't see what the big deal is.

Employers set conditions for employment all the time. Why should this be any different?

It is a question of whether or not they are allowed to do this by LAW. THAT is the difference.

Usually when a company requires direct deposit, they'll offer a payroll card. Usually, these payroll cards rape the user and provide kickbacks to the company. I WISH my company even offered direct deposit. Our home office spends so much money over nighting our checks twice a monthy from coast to coast...and it ain't always on time :(

Payroll cards were considered, but then it was decided that they would only do direct deposit.

I think the issue at hand is business owners believe that just because they are in a right to work state they can do as they please. That is not, however, the case.

Existing state and federal laws must still be abided by, and its clear that there is AT THE VERY LEAST a question of whether or not requiring direct deposit for employees who do not have a bank account is, in fact, legal.

wht93gted

Established Member
I used to get checks, then a few years ago they forced us all to DD. It's fine though, I get my checking account for free based on the sum of my monthly direct deposits. I get free things like ATM reimbursement too.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Everything is electronic for my company.

You can go to their web site and veiw or print anything that you need, going back several years, including all paycheck information and all W2 information.

That's exactly how it is at the comapny I work for.

Blown 89

Established Member
You can quit trolling me now after you got butthurt in the open carry thread. You fail...quite badly.:loser:
You ignoring my question when I called you out didn't butthurt anyone. It's pathetic how delusional you are. Do this forum a favor and get over yourself.

If it's not legal do something about it rather than bitching about your job again in a car forum.

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
By law, where does it say you are entitled a position in the company?

That's not the point. Again, you're missing the heart of the issue. :nonono:

The question is, where does the law say the employer can implement this policy? Turning the question around, and twisting it to ask a question everyone knows the answer to, doesn't help the conversation.

And LOL@"entitled". Clearly know where you stand on the issue.

You ignoring my question when I called you out didn't butthurt anyone. It's pathetic how delusional you are. Do this forum a favor and get over yourself.

If it's not legal do something about it rather than bitching about your job again in a car forum.

Yeah ok. :lol1:

Last I checked, this is an open forum. Plus, if you could read, you'd see I'm not bitching about MY job. I'm simply asking a legit question. If you don't have anything intelligent to say about the topic at hand which, once again, it seems you don't, then why reply?

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member
Lol, well I live in florida and here its a right to work state so I guess i have a different view. Other states Im sure are different. So if the question is still are they legally allowed to do it, that would need to be answered by someone who actually knows work laws in your state in which I do not lol

IA Shelby

Established Member
We are a 5-dealership chain. No access to any electronic information for employees. However, we do still get pay stubs.

There are A LOT of entry level employees who are upset about this change and questioning the legality of the action. Personally, I'm 500% against it because I believe forcing anything on people is wrong, particularly when it comes to someone's paycheck.

Checks may be expensive, but we employees get paid shit so they can afford it. It's funny....it doesn't even affect me, but I'm pissed about it because I disagree with it so much. :shrug:

You dare not mention it to any manager though because you get the whole "This is Texas, we do what we want, you have no rights!" speech.

The company is not forcing the employees to take the job. If they don't like it, they can quit and give their job to someone who doesn't mind.

FourSixPony

SLO GT
Established Member
My work said this last year, but they still send out checks in the mail to some people. I have always had DD since I have worked there, but thought it was kind of BS that they were doing that but found out some people still get normal checks.. So I think they were just trying to "scare" people into setting up DD... I dunno.

Users who are viewing this thread