Engine Bay pic need opinions please

ditchsnake

Established Member
Getting the engine bay together but need some opinions please on types and color for an intercooler res. and coolant res. The guy on this site does some great looking metal polishing so I thought maybe a matching set of polished or maybe crinkle black to match my valve covers. It's a hard descion so your opinion will be appreciated. Pics are good too.Don't even have to be kind. Here is a pic of the bay. Please let me know what you think. Thanks
DSC_0014.gif

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
That is kind of a tough decision. You have blackened out and polished. I like black engine bays personally. with the big polished whipple i would go with polished stuff for tanks and rad cover.

Can I get a bigger pic of your engine bay. I am thinking about crinkle black on my valve covers.

Alex

945LSTANG

Established Member
i would get them polished to compliment the polished whipple.

i personally would just leave it alone though. polished/flashy pieces are a waste of money IMO. use the money to go faster...

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
I like having polished tanks to compliment my polished Whipple, but they are a PITA to keep spotless (especially since I added the BilletFlow hood vents). However, it's the look I wanted.

2396139CobraEngineBay1(Mar09).jpg

If you don't like doing a lot of cleaning an polishing, I'd recommend going with black tanks...:beer:

ditchsnake

Established Member
He wins

Did somebody say "Polished"? It really gets to be a personal choice, ...... I happen to love the polished look and do not regret in any way what I did to my engine bay. Here's a link to some photos of it.
JymBart
Cobra Engine Bay Pictures - Page 3 - SVTPerformance

Hey jymbart, where did you get that stainless cover for you coolant tank. I had one I sold now I can't find another.

tonypipes

Established Member
Getting the engine bay together but need some opinions please on types and color for an intercooler res. and coolant res. The guy on this site does some great looking metal polishing so I thought maybe a matching set of polished or maybe crinkle black to match my valve covers. It's a hard descion so your opinion will be appreciated. Pics are good too.Don't even have to be kind. Here is a pic of the bay. Please let me know what you think. Thanks
DSC_0014.gif

I say go polished here is mine.

S8000195.jpg

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
I did a black intercooler tank and polished radiator, P/S tank. The mix keeps it from being overwhelming.
Here is a crapy pic. Needs a cleaning, BAD.

By jameshell

Users who are viewing this thread