Engine Detail of my 2003 Mach 1, F21 Reviewed....PICS!

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
OhIIICobra said:
Good point. I did a little test sprayed some on the driveway and chucked matches at it. :burn: In it's foamy state yes an open flame will ignite it. Once the foam has subsided about 10 seconds, the residue will not ignite even with an open flame applied directly. If your engine is slightly warm and lightly sprayed with water I think the risks are further minimized.

If it was that dangerous average Joe would have blown him self up while accidentally spraying on or near hot brake parts.

Take this advice with a grain of salt and if you blow up your neighborhood I take no responsibility.:-D

I have been using tire foam cleaner for 10 years on the engines of my cars and never had an "ignite" problem. You are supposed to wet the engine down first anyhow before spraying it on.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
I have been using tire foam cleaner for 10 years on the engines of my cars and never had an "ignite" problem. You are supposed to wet the engine down first anyhow before spraying it on.

Yeah, that is pretty much what I said. Unless you are using F21 to detail Jay Leno's Stanley Steamer with the boiler lit you are good to go.

mondos03cobra

Established Member
id just be worried about the belt on my termi? I would like to see someone do a write up on doing this on a 03/04 cobra.

Sick looking mach 1 btw

Eagle24

bad mamba jamba
Established Member
mondos03cobra said:
id just be worried about the belt on my termi? I would like to see someone do a write up on doing this on a 03/04 cobra.

Sick looking mach 1 btw

That is just what I was thinking. Hope to see a write up on the cobra, becuase I love a clean car...even under the hood.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
Eagle24 said:
That is just what I was thinking. Hope to see a write up on the cobra, becuase I love a clean car...even under the hood.

I did my 98 Cobra, 03 Cobra, and my wifes silverado after reading this thread and have had zero issues. I used old towels to shield the pullies and belts though. I would avoid direct and indirect spray on any belts / pullies no matter what car I was using it on.

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
ttt any 1 try it on a 03-04 ? i dont wanna spray it on my kb and have it fade like my friends did when he sprayed grease lightning on it :bash:

66temp

Established Member
SALEENGTROUSH said:
ttt any 1 try it on a 03-04 ? i dont wanna spray it on my kb and have it fade like my friends did when he sprayed grease lightning on it :bash:
If you want to avoid spraying it on your KB, its very easy to direct the foam, but, I doubt that it would fade or do any damage to the finish because Grease lightning is a very potent degreaser, especially at lower dilution levels. You really shouldn't have a problem with this method, its so easy to do and provides such great results that its hard not to do it every month!!!

Also, I've never really had a problem after the foam has been on my belts. I don't purposely spray the foam on my belts but occasionally some will get on there and it's never hurt it. The foam dries out and leaves no greasy feel behind....

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
66temp,

I love the after picture man. But, but one small comment. I have always heard that putting water on a hot engine could be a bad thing... Just my .02 cents man... :dw:

have you ever splashed through a puddle?

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
XCELR8 said:
have you ever splashed through a puddle?

Not really, my car is a garage queen. It is one of those spotless (only driven on clears days) California type of COBRA. You could eat of my underbody. Okay, that doesn't sound good. j.k But, I realize now that the ideal temp to do this is on a warm engine, not hot... ;-)

SFMach1

EAT ME!
Established Member
wow, great results... any parts that should be covered? or just rinse with a hose and then spray this on and rinse again?

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Kevin the Clean 1 said:
Not really, my car is a garage queen. It is one of those spotless (only driven on clears days) California type of COBRA. You could eat of my underbody. Okay, that doesn't sound good. j.k But, I realize now that the ideal temp to do this is on a warm engine, not hot... ;-)

My Mach1 is the same way. NFCstang can attest to how anal I am. I think I may have a sickness actually.

69Mach1351w

Established Member
If you mach guys are looking for a nice way to maintain/ update your shaker assembly try "Back to Black" its in a red jar and you apply like armor all. I have an old mach which is in the process of a restore, but before that i had the shaker painted... no fading. But the back to black stuff should work great for you guys also!

just a little hint

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
cool stuff i ve been useing magiures (sp) interior quick detailer for years on the motor :beers: but i think i will try this today thanks !!!!!! looks awesome !!!!

66temp

Established Member
SFMach1 said:
wow, great results... any parts that should be covered? or just rinse with a hose and then spray this on and rinse again?
If you want to cover up your air filter, MAF, fusebox, or anything that you think might be affected, than go for it...I've never had a problem with anything even blasting away with my pressure cleaner. But I really don't get that close with the stream and I never keep the pressure washer on one spot for too long...

And like Kevin said, do this when your engine is WARM, and when you're done with the foaming stage, start up your car so the foam/water evaporates, then wipe the motor down with your favorite dressing, or just spray some of the tire foam on a microfiber and wipe the motor down that way.

I've used this process on extremely dirty motors, and the process seems to work just as well. Although if the motor is very dirty, I tend to let the degreaser dwell longer, and I use some nice brushes and extensions to get down into all of the cracks/crevices. Here are a few before and after pictures of cars that I have detailed with this method...

Lexus ES 300

IMG_6376.jpg

IMG_6377.jpg

RX 300
IMG_6314.jpg

IMG_6321.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread