Engine Pics on Fox Project

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
Well,

I have been hanging out on these forums for a while with no car to show off :(. It is finally coming together nicely. Just thought I would show some of the progress. Hope you enjoy!

dscf0277yz8.jpg

dscf0279gt8.jpg

dscf0280fu4.jpg

It's this engine...

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=7162

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
01strimbullitt said:
sweet! what do you plan on using the car for....?

Its going to be 3rd car in the family (only wife and I), so more or less for a toy to just toodle around town in :).

6SpeedLover

Established Member
woclimit said:
Its going to be 3rd car in the family (only wife and I), so more or less for a toy to just toodle around town in :).
Now, when you say "Toodle" You mean.... Destroying the tires at every Red Light, and Stopsign right???? Awesome progress on the car bro ;-) It looks like its going to be worth the wait.... Thanx for sharing the pics. Keep us posted :beer:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
looks nice man. Just curiou. What made you decide on that long block? Before I did TFS h/c/i, everyone on stangnet steered me away from those engines do to way low dyno numbers. Also You should put 24 pounders in there and at least a 190 fuel pump. Also Im not sure about that particular engine model but you may have to swap out the timing cover and water pump. Im sure your already on top of that. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you didnt know and then have to go back and change out.

90slow50

90slow5.0
Established Member
03silversvt said:
looks nice man. Just curiou. What made you decide on that long block? Before I did TFS h/c/i, everyone on stangnet steered me away from those engines do to way low dyno numbers. Also You should put 24 pounders in there and at least a 190 fuel pump. Also Im not sure about that particular engine model but you may have to swap out the timing cover and water pump. Im sure your already on top of that. Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you didnt know and then have to go back and change out.

Thanks for the info. If I posted the long block that was a mistake...it is the short block. My cousin has this same engine in a 65 Fastback he redid and it runs awesome. I got the engine for a great deal because my uncle works for Ford.

Thanks all for the positive posts!!!

INVNO1

Established Member
Good luck on your build!! looks great makes me miss my fox...post video after it's done!

Users who are viewing this thread