engine problems need help bad.

awax_cobrastang

Acura Performance B!TCHES
Established Member
Delaware (formerly mass-pats fan for life)
i was on my way home tonight, and i started to hear a weird tick, and it wasnt consistant. so i slowed down and it stoped. i continued my drive home, and when i got into my driveway i heard the tick again, and then all of a sudden it started to sound like firecrackers where under my hood. i turned the truck off and when i started it back up it was the same sound. it sound like lound poping, and i can see air moving around the drivers side head around the spark plugs. its sound more like an exhaust problem, but i wasnt sure if it was a spark plug blowout. let me know please

nastynivek

Nov. 10, 1775
Established Member
That sucks all to hell. Too bad we can't get Ford to replace these short threaded heads for free.

I'm changing my plugs again today. Guess I've been very lucky with the plug blowout issue considering my L has over 109,000 miles.

awax_cobrastang

Acura Performance B!TCHES
Established Member
Delaware (formerly mass-pats fan for life)
i talked to my tuner, and he is saying the same thing. it sounds like a spark plug blow out. its funny when u google spark plug blowout and ford, there is so many problems with ford heads. he said he can fix it without having to replace my heads. i am in the process of selling my truck, and trying to buy a built L so i dont want to replace when i already have it sold.

FordFanStan

Established Member
Time-Sert ... google it or soemthing. Thats going to solve your problem. Its a type of heli-coil made for repairing our heads... Stan

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
nastynivek said:
Guess I've been very lucky with the plug blowout issue considering my L has over 109,000 miles.
Well when you take care of your truck and are aware of this issue and check it often you wont have a problem at all
I never had an issue and i beat the shit out of my stock motor

Users who are viewing this thread