Engine sound, not tick, but weird, i hear it on other cars too!

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Whats the sound where it sounds like something is clicking on, engine warm or cold anytime your driving just is like Click, and sounds like something goes on lol? Anyone? i hear it in a lot of cars?

BruntzySVT

Established Member
not fan its already on, just sounds like a clicking sound as if something turns on? lol f if i know, doesnt sound harmfull?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Need more information! Is it with engine rpm (like injectors or lifters) or is it something just clicking on once in a while? If the latter, it's probably the a/c compressor. And yes...it does cycle in other modes other than a/c. (defrost)

BruntzySVT

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Need more information! Is it with engine rpm (like injectors or lifters) or is it something just clicking on once in a while? If the latter, it's probably the a/c compressor. And yes...it does cycle in other modes other than a/c. (defrost)
probably that then, i duno it just clicks every once in a while, like if ive been driving for like 20 miles and pull into my garage i hear it ever like 30sec or something, but not that often

Fang

Established Member
Lilredcpe said:
Constant clicking-injectors, intermittent clicking-A/C comp with de-froster on....

Make sure your system is in the off position, the fan motor. That way you can rule that out.

Users who are viewing this thread