Engine Squealing...anyone heard this yet?

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
I've come home from work and a few times the car has made this high pitched squealing sound. I grabbed a portable audio recorder and captured it here.

www.drewlankford.com/files/engine_squeal.mp3

sometimes it will be very faint in sound but if I rev the engine a few times, it will get loud like this.

I don't hear it all the time and whether or not the ambient temperature has anything to do with it or not, I'm not sure but the days that I've heard it the most have been on the 102*F or hotter days and I don't make it a point to listen for the sound every day either.

Anyone heard it before and if so, any ideas on what it may be? Just wondering if it's something urgent that needs to be taken care of at the dealer quickly or if it's something I can go have them look at at my leisure.

JerryC

Established Member
There's a TSB out for the V6 with an engine squeal, but I have not seen one for the 5.0.

FastRedPonyCar