Engine swap with P.A.T.S

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Anyone have info or dealings with an engine swap into a GT with P.A.T.S? Me and a buddy of mine are swapping a 2003 Cobra engine into a 2001 GT. The engine swap is no problem but the concern is the P.A.T.S system being activated and not allowing the engine to start after the install. Anyone that can lend some help on either making it functional with the new engine and computer or just to disable it. Thanks :shrug::poke::read:

tinosc281

Established Member
are you swapping ecu?.you have to take it to the dealer to program the key to ecu.that's what i did.towed the car there and they flashed the ecu.

mustangtw

Established Member
I know the SCT tuner software has an option to disable the pats. You will need to upload a custom tune having the pats system disabled into the cobra ecu.

Last edited:

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
are you swapping ecu?.you have to take it to the dealer to program the key to ecu.that's what i did.towed the car there and they flashed the ecu.

Yes I will be swapping the ECU. That should be all I need to do then? Then get it reprogramed? :shrug:

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Two options, you can tune off pats in the tune, or you can have a dealer or locksmith resync the pcm, cluster, and keys to allow the car to start.

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I had this problem and it took a few hours to realize it was the PATS. I just had it disabled..

01SN8K

In Hawaii
Established Member
Well the easy way is to get a dealer to flash the computer to work with the orginal keys of the GT. Then you can keep all the locks and ignition in the car using the original key. A difference i have seen in the cobra and gt harness is the wiring to turn the fuel pumps on. The connector is near the pcm in the kickpanel.

Coderedsaleen

GTPerformance
Established Member
IMG_0018-1.jpg

98% Finished! Now all I have to do is try and get it started.

Users who are viewing this thread