Engine Swap

Dr.Jay

Out of my mind. Back in 5
Established Member
Recently my 99 supercharged GT decided to "hit the rod" :fart:. Anyways, I'm getting a great deal on a 99 Cobra engine. My question is, what parts can I use from my GT? I have stuff like:long tubes, Focus fuel pump, 90mm MAF, 42cc injectors, 75mm TB & plenum, T56, 01 Cobra cluster, among some other stuff (and of course, the aftercooled Vortech supercharger). What new stuff do I need to buy? Can I use my old SC or am I screwed? Will my old computer work, as well as the SCT Xcalibrator 2?:whine: I'll appreciate any response I can get, thanks in advance guys :beer:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
NO:
Longtubes, tb and plenum
supercharger bracket

Yes:
Injectors, fuel pump, maf, computer, sct box, blower headunit

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
just need a new supercharger bracket like quad said. I hear they can cost a penny, but hey, you have one to sell for a penny :D

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Wow thanks for the quick response! Out of curiosity, will GT shorty headers work with the 99 Cobra block? Thanks again guys!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
the headers are different between GT's and cobras because of the width of the heads, which means the lengths are a bit different. also, exhaust port is different on the heads i believe. hopefully someone else will verify.....

Dr.Jay

Established Member
Thanks again guys... so how does this engine hold up? I know the GT's limit was around 450rwhp, what's the limit on the Cobra engine?

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
Thanks again guys... so how does this engine hold up? I know the GT's limit was around 450rwhp, what's the limit on the Cobra engine?

Probably about the same. The block and crank are good for well over 450rwhp, but the rest of the internals are the weak link.

Users who are viewing this thread