Engine Temp Help

Zachary

Established Member
Alright, so I’ve got a 98 Cobra with a stroker in it. I’m not too comfortable with the engine temperatures and would like some input here. The car currently sports a Champion 3 row radiator, an external oil cooler, new fan assembly, and a new 180* T-stat. There is also the steeds under drive pulley on it as well.

The other night I took the car out and noticed it getting hotter than I wanted. I would say it was 2/3 of the way up the gauge over a 5 mile period and when I got it back turned around I’d say it got as high as 3/4 of the way up as well. Definitely not ideal.

Any thoughts what the issue may be here? Also, it’s worth noting that it he coolant was filled under a vacuum, so there should be no air in the cooling system. Thank you.

Last edited:

Zachary

Established Member
Any actual temp readings?

I'm happy to hear your coolant has been vaccinated.
Whoops, vacuumed. Autocorrect strikes again! Anyways, I had not taken any temperature readings last night; however, the last time I took a temp reading it was on a 100* plus day and I let the car idle for around an hour and the reading was 219*. At this point the needle was at the half way point.

Users who are viewing this thread