Engine's done (pics)

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Well, it's finally done. Here's a few pics.
DSCN0295-r.jpg

DSCN0293-r.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCN0290-r.jpg
[/IMG]

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
BACK IN BLACK! :coolman:

let us know if you need any extra hands to hold wrenches/beers

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
dougwg said:
Shweeet!

I know I know.... TB!

Fuel rails and firewall adjuster also.

Looks really good Kev, nice color choice too.

Looks better in person. The accessory brackets and a/c delete pulley bracket are also coated. The headers are also recoated high temp polished ceramic inside and out. They look killer. Lower intake manifold is also coated. I'll post pics of the other parts tomorrow.

let us know if you need any extra hands to hold wrenches/beers
There will be a mod party with lots of beer and prolly fire up the grill with burgers/ brats or dogs (children's prime rib)!. Hell, I'll even supply JP with coor's light, lol.

The engine has ported/polished heads, oversized stainless steel valves, .020 over coated pistons, ARP mainstuds and headstuds, stage 3 crower cams with comp valve springs. John at MP told me Crower springs are on eternal backorder. Maybe next year I'll throw a ginormous Whipple on it. Before the engine goes in I have to do the fuel line from tank to engine bay. For that I have 20' of -8 (1/2") 304 stainless tubing (.035 wall thickness). I borrowed the bender and 37 degree flare tool from a pipefitter at work. I also need about 30' of 1/0 battery cable to put the battery in the trunk and run multiple grounds. I will have a mod party as stated and I'll post more pics when I have time. As far as fuel goes, I have 60lb. injectors, Ford gt pumps, dual fpdm setup with an extra pigtail for the extra fpdm. All ford vehicles that have returnless fuel use the same pigtail for the fpdm. The wire color is different but that doesn't matter. I have the diagram for the cobra and can match all the pinout's up. Focus pigtail FTW (freebie). LOL. Oh yeah, compression ratio is bumped up to 9.5 to 1. Stock is 8.5 to 1 as most of you probably know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread