Enkei RPF1 17" wheel fitment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

specizripn

Established Member
I want to get a 2nd set of wheels and tires for some drag radials and I figured if I'm going to buy a 2nd set of wheels, I should buy some lighter ones to aid in performance. On my search I went through drag racing wheels, realized they were too delicate for the street, forged wheels which are too pricey, but then I came across the Enkei RPF1 wheels which are much lighter than stock, able to handle street abuse and much cheaper than forged wheels. I'm not good with buying wheels, so all I really know is that I need the 5x114.3 bolt patter, and I have no idea what spacers I would need up front or offset or anything. I would prefer to have 17x10 in the rear and 17x9 in the front, although I've heard 17x9 wouldn't be a good idea in the front. Also, where would be the best place to buy these wheels? Thanks :beer:

~Tirerack quotes me for $1060 for 2 17x9 in the front and 2 17x10 in the rear, I would imagine that pricing would be competitive and the wheels would have the proper spacing for my car if Tirerack suggests them?

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Well the problem with the 10" RPF1's that I've seen are that they are offered in either a +18 offset, or a +38 offset. The 38 is to high and will tuck your wheel up into the fenderwell to much. As for as clearance issues on the inside I would imagine you would have some problems. A small spacer like a 10mm could correct that issue and bring your total offset down to a +28 which would be more on par with the +mid 20's offset most 10" wide mustang wheels are.

The +18 offset could possibly work,, but it would depend on what size tire you'd like to run. I know on my GT solid rear car my 18x10 +25's are fender flush with my 315/35/18's and I need to roll my fenders. You could possibly get away with the 18 if the tire wasn't huge, but I'm no IRS expert so someone else will have to chime in on that.

Hopefully this will get you heading in the right direction, if they offer the rpf1's in different offsets than those then I apologize those were the only two I had ever found. The RPf1's are VERY nice wheels, lots of guys in the SRT world run them, because they look great and smaller sizes are definitely light. Good luck! :beer:

specizripn

Established Member
I will be running 315s in the back

And this gets weird, when I look online I see 18 or 38 offset but tirerack says I can buy 22 from them? Weird

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Hmm that is weird, the 22 would be perfect if that is truly an available option!

Also after reading your first post the a 9" front wheel is a great size. I'd have to see what the offsets are on the 9" wheels they sell but I'd imagine they will be fine.

Last edited:

specizripn

Established Member
Ooops, the 22 offset is for the 17x9 and it suggests 18mm for 17x10. I wonder if I would have any problems with my tires in back. I can't seem to find anyone running such a setup. Maybe I will just buy them and cuss the world if they dont fit :p

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
The 17x9's in the front will fit great so no worries there. I'm thinking for the back though you will definitely need to roll your fenders. Although there are a coupe variables that will play into this as well, it depends on how low your car is in the rear. And it depends on the height of the tire in the back. If you're going to run a 315/35/17 that's a 25.7" (rounding up nearest tenth) tall tire. You may just have enough room to not worry about it, but on a hard launch it could squat enough to contact the fender.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Last edited:

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
No problem man! I'd get them and test fit them first just to see how you feel about where they sit then go from there if you need to make any other small changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread