Ennis track night

hotrodjcc

Established Member
I finally brought my car out to get a baseline run before I start going in depth with mods. As my car sits, its an 03 cobra stock with BBK intake and catback. I noticed in my first few runs I was shifting to 4th right before the lights. On my best run I decided to hold 3rd gear and see if I can trip the lights but bumped my rev limiter which gave me a braking effect.
Best run on paper was and hitting rev limiter was
60' 2.083
330 5.677
1/8 8.576
mph 85.39
1k' 11.051
1/4 13.139
mph 105.53
I'm sure if I had shifted that run would have been a high 12.
Also to note my buddy with his 08 GT500 with a 2.9 whipple on his new nitto tires ran a 10.8 @ 129.6 on a car that is pretty much stock, even stock mufflers.
Anyway, next time I run i'll have a tune, pulley, and tires

TRIPLEBLK03

Established Member
something is wrong you should be deep into 4th gear at the end of the 1320! if your keeping the car in 3rd thru the lights that would explain the low mph. 1st time drag racing or no?

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
Fast Friday's Correct? I plan to make it out there also, maybe the second Friday in April. This will be my first in the Cobra also and hoping for low 12's at least.

hotrodjcc

Established Member
something is wrong you should be deep into 4th gear at the end of the 1320! if your keeping the car in 3rd thru the lights that would explain the low mph. 1st time drag racing or no?

No its not my first time racing, it is my first time driving a 03 Cobra on the track. I had some slower times due to traction issues but I am shifting into 4th gear well past the 1000 ft mark. My fastest MPH was 110 and that was shifting into 4th right before the lights

hotrodjcc

Established Member
Fast Friday's Correct? I plan to make it out there also, maybe the second Friday in April. This will be my first in the Cobra also and hoping for low 12's at least.

Yup, April 9th will be the next test and tune. I should have the pulley and tune on the car, but I'm needing DRs badly. I'll be there with a Kenne Bell and Whipple Shelby

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Good Luck..how was the staging lanes? Were you able to get alot of runs in? You never can tell with Ennis...and now that Dallas Raceway is open, I know alot of people are going there instead.

Users who are viewing this thread