Entertaining the idea of buying my Cobra back from the guy I sold it to…

ragu1585

Game Over
Established Member
i payed 27 for mine a month ago and dont regret it one bit! nada when i baught mine was like 25,600...

BadBoy50

Established Member
Man I got a 04 with 24k and alot of mods pushing 477/496. And i stole that at 24k. It is worth 26-29k now i pushed the guy big time cause he didn't know it was worth that much. I would wait man it took me 5 months before I found this deal. Just keep looking around for the right deal. That guy is nuts i would of said ok go trade it on and lose more money idiot.

Shanezam203

Established Member
acrod said:
I agree with that. I mean if you really want it back whats another 2k. you said you also might end up selling it again down the road, if thats the case whats the point then of buying it back again.
NewCobraRimsagain5-vi.jpg

Thanks for all the replies. We talked again and he said he put 270 Miles on it. So that puts it still in the 11k range. :beer:

So I am assured 25k ins't "as bad" as I first thought. My mind was saying if I held onto the car and put the 270 miles on it myself and it sat for over a year, I would have come way down on price. But as you all pointed out, paying that amount for your car back, as long as it was in the shape it was in, "Deal" as Howie Says.

I just have to see if I want to pull the trigger NOW going into winter, or see if he will sit on it and sell it in Feb/March.

THANKS for all the replies.
:coolman: Shane

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
Shanezam203 said:
I just have to see if I want to pull the trigger NOW going into winter, or see if he will sit on it and sell it in Feb/March.

THANKS for all the replies.
:coolman: Shane

What does it matter? Either way, it will be sitting. At least if you buy it back, it is safe and sound in your garage.

BlueSS

427Windsorman said:
What does it matter? Either way, it will be sitting. At least if you buy it back, it is safe and sound in your garage.
+1 Piece of mind with it being at your place and you can also give it a kiss every morning when you wake up :shrug: :beer:

Buds03Cobra

Established Member
If I was you, I would not wait long. If the car was not driven much then you could look at it as a free loan. You got the cash for the house. He used the car for a short time, you get your car back un harmed. You can not ask for more that that. I think if you wait, then pay the same for a car with more miles and you have no clue what it has been through you will be kicking you self in the butt.

Shanezam203

Established Member
I would much rather buy it in Feb/March vs November. So that is one concern, and I am still debating on the price. I think if he gets motivated to sell it, the price will come down.

I don't mind waiting for it, I won't be driving it till the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread