Entry DSLR Cameras...... Nikon D3300 vs D3400

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase my wife an entry level DSLR camera. I've always been a Nikon fan, and that's what I've had in the past. I'm looking at the D3300 vs the D3400. Just curious if anyone here can throw some input in as to which one I should go with. I've done the whole comparison charts online looking at them, but I'm still kinda stumped! So, if anyone who is into photography, or happens to have experience with these two could help me out it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
3400 easily. more megapixels but more importantly, better sensors. I got my d3400 last year in a bundle with extra lenses and case

KingBlack

Established Member
When I looked at them and compared the two, it shows they are both a 24.0MP.
im thinking about the 3200's pixels, sorry. but I did compare before i purchased, and got the 3400 bundle for 500. is there a price difference? also, i think the 3400 is better on battery life then the 3300

ksstang

Vortech'd
Established Member
You are right. I just saw that the 3300 says approximately 700 pics can be taken on a full battery, vs 1200 pics on the 3400. The 3400 has the bluetooth connectivity, where as the 3300 has wifi connectivity. The only other major thing I saw, which I don't think would matter much to me is..... the 3300 has a spot to plug a external microphone in when doing videos.

Gary Macomber

Established Member
My wife is big into photography, she used to work in a studio. She won't touch Nikon and only does Canon but that is her preference. I will be updating hers to the new T6i very shortly, she says the lenses are better and the focus is more suited to any kind of motion photography.

Don't get to caught up in megapixels there is absolutely no difference once you get to 9mp and higher and even less if you are only viewing them on your computer or online. Megapixels really only matter if you are doing printings and even then above 9 isn't needed even for huge posters.

Find the camera that she is comfortable with and has the features she wants. I am upgrading my wife's because she wants the bluetooth and wifi plus the ability to shoot video as hers doesn't have it. She also uses it to take action shots of the kids or at amusement parks and the occasional race track.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I have a D3300 and right after I bought it, the 3400 came out... I love mine and have no complaints. The main feature I'd prefer to have is the wireless connectivity so I can drop photos over to my phone for quick editing or whatever. Either camera will do a great job if you know how to use it to it's full potential. I'm still shooting in auto mode which does alright, but I know I'm leaving a lot on the table.

KingBlack

Established Member
Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase my wife an entry level DSLR camera. I've always been a Nikon fan, and that's what I've had in the past. I'm looking at the D3300 vs the D3400. Just curious if anyone here can throw some input in as to which one I should go with. I've done the whole comparison charts online looking at them, but I'm still kinda stumped! So, if anyone who is into photography, or happens to have experience with these two could help me out it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
the 3400 on on sale for $340 at amazon now if you're still looking

Users who are viewing this thread