Epoxy garage floors

LostPony

Established Member
I have a friend who is willing to give me an epoxy floor kit that he purchased and never used. The kit is 2 years old, so I'm wondering if these kits have a shelf life. Anyone know much about them?

Terberta

Established Member
I would think as long as it has never been mixed it should be ok. I did my floor a couple years ago after keeping it for almost a year before applying. Still is fine. My garage is 28 x 36 and I had to use 4 kits. This is the stuff from Menards( like Lowes).$100 each.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
I have a bigger two car garage (Can measure it for you if you need) It took me three kits. Also when you go to do it make sure you use a good roller, use the clear over the top with the non slip texture (I am going to add this to mine soon), I ended up getting a drill attachment to make sure it was mixed right. If not you can see where the color is not the same. I also acid washed my floors to get all the oil and other items off the floor, Then took a pressure washer to it a few times. It was a long process if you want to do it right.

LostPony

Established Member
I have a bigger two car garage (Can measure it for you if you need) It took me three kits. Also when you go to do it make sure you use a good roller, use the clear over the top with the non slip texture (I am going to add this to mine soon), I ended up getting a drill attachment to make sure it was mixed right. If not you can see where the color is not the same. I also acid washed my floors to get all the oil and other items off the floor, Then took a pressure washer to it a few times. It was a long process if you want to do it right.

Thanks for the tips!

Steve@BAS

Established Member
When I did mine there was a very small hairline crack in the floor. In the directions it said to use a special kit to fill that. It was so small I thought the epoxy would just fill it. Once it was dried I could still see it, and while it's nothing, it bothers me, lol. Be sure to do that and all of the other prep work the kit says. Mine has been great otherwise for 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread