ERROR CODES/WARNING LIGHT AFTER vmp INSTALL

freemanjc

Established Member
Friends,

I need some help trying to resolve a P0445 code after my install. I won't go into the installer but he is working with me on trying to remedy the issue. I send an email to Joe and VMP as well and waiting for his reply. For wrote the below:

If the EVAP purge valve is not pulling a vacuum and is attached to the supercharger with no attachments or modification for the EVAP system, then this would be caused by the supercharger itself. Since there is a supercharger on the vehicle now the system would be under boost and not vacuum anymore like it would for a traditions gas engine. Unnless the EVAP purge valve is equipped with a one way blocking valve so the supercharger boost does not enter the gas tank system and a Venturi effect type valve that would have air pass the tube creating vacuum then this could actually harm the EVAP and fuel tank system along with the system not operating correctly. Having said this Ford does not support any aftermarket attachments on the vehicle and can also void the manufacture warranty due to aftermarket performance modifications. It would be advised to talk with your warranty administrator for the dealership or service manager to see if this vehicle would void manufacture warranty, the direction to take and customer would need to be aware of this as well"

In layman's terms can anyone validate if this is true or BS. I rally need to find out why I am getting this P0445 and Check Fuel inlet Warning. I am no way a technician but I am capable of fixing checking or adjusting things with a little expert knowledge in m ear. I know there are other people in here that have a VMP install and have no issues. So what is going wrong with mine. Presently, I'm slightly disappointed and I need some help trying to remedy this issue. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Install VMP 85MM, 47LBS INJ

V/R

Julius

freemanjc

Established Member
Joe from VMP just replied to me. What a good guy to talk too. his quote below is:

"Hello Julius,

Ford has a supercharger kit on the 2015 that uses the same location for EVAP as we do, and a similar supercharger design.
The 11-16 Roush 2.3L kit for 5.0L GT uses a similar inlet design and EVAP purge mounting location.
The 11-14 GT500 M122 and 2.3L 5.4/5.8 uses a similar supercharger inlet design and EVAP purge valve mounting location.
The EVAP purge will never see boost with the design of the supercharger system.
The area where the EVAP purge is mounted is on the inlet(vacuum) side of the supercharger not the discharge(boost) side of the supercharger.
I would check for good electrical connections for the extension harness for the evap circuit. It may also be a good idea to check to make sure that there isn't any internal blockage of the new evap hose that goes from the driver side inner fender well to the EVAP purge valve"

Anybody have pictures where I can compare?

Vert

Established Member
Are you sure you have to snap fitting connections down? What area do you want a pic of, the evap line or?
PM me your email and I send you whatever pics you want.

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
I would check for good electrical connections for the extension harness for the evap circuit. It may also be a good idea to check to make sure that there isn't any internal blockage of the new evap hose that goes from the driver side inner fender well to the EVAP purge valve"

This sounds pretty logical.

Users who are viewing this thread