Estimate my future RWHP and TQ.

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Hey everyone im going to be doing some things to my 98GT and would like to know what kind of power I might make at the wheels.

MODS will be:
PI heads Ported and polished
SHM Hot Street/Strip N/A Camshafts
Ported Bullitt intake
CAI
U/D pullies
Mac Longtube headers
Mac O/R H-pipe
Flowtech warlock mufflers
24# injectors
Electric cutouts in mufflers
Dyno tune (maybe chip)

Well what do you guys think my RWHP and TQ should be. Thanks

Blackgeetee

Established Member
If you end up doing ALL of that I'd say you should be well over 290rwhp with around 310+lbs-rw.:beer:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by 98gtstang
That would be nice, I would love to hit 300rwhp. Guess ill just wait and see. :beer:

Who knows, that bullitt intake is pretty nice, I might be way underestimating who knows. I always underestimate just a bit so there's no disappointment...

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Thats nice, I would love to have 317rwhp. As for the cams, I have read some bad things about comp and some good things. I head SHM are good cams and fit with no problem. I'm still up in the air about what cams though, SHM, Comp, VT, maybe some custom grind cams. Dunno yet.

BTW Blackgeetee I think ure PI heads are Ported and Polished, If they are how long did it take to get them done?? Thanks

white99gt

Established Member
Thats nice, I would love to have 317rwhp. As for the cams, I have read some bad things about comp and some good things. I head SHM are good cams and fit with no problem. I'm still up in the air about what cams though, SHM, Comp, VT, maybe some custom grind cams. Dunno yet.

BTW Blackgeetee I think ure PI heads are Ported and Polished, If they are how long did it take to get them done?? Thanks

If you are on the net enough .You can hear bad things about every product.I was the first public comp cam user (in the modular world)This can be varified by comp.Ive had ZERO issues with mine.But i made sure my heads were setup with the cams ,so i would not get any issues.

12k miles with my comps and todate zero issues with them.

Blackgeetee

Established Member

He spent about 12hrs on each head. He took his time and did a great job. I wish I would have installed new headers with the swap. I bet I would be over 280rwhp. Those stock ones are a real bottleneck for me I think. He port matched them with the new ports, but new headers would have made a world of difference.

98gtstang

www.snma.net
Established Member
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
He spent about 12hrs on each head. He took his time and did a great job. I wish I would have installed new headers with the swap. I bet I would be over 280rwhp. Those stock ones are a real bottleneck for me I think. He port matched them with the new ports, but new headers would have made a world of difference.
Yea, thats why I am going to put on some Mac LT's while the motor is apart. One more question,sorry for all the Q's. How long did it take you to do the headswap???

Users who are viewing this thread