ET launch question

Ratfink

Established Member
ok i have a turbo car and went to the track and i guess was doing somthing wrong so i have a question
with lev 5 halfshafts and all the goodies on the irs rear with mt dragradials how do you launch to get the best 60ft time what rpm are you launching at how hard can i do it and at what psi should i run my tires? thanks

GodStang

Established Member
I think the only way you are going to hook is with 28" slicks on a 15" or 16" rim. I am going through the same problem after sheering a lvl 5 half shaft in half. Just too much power for DRs.

Venimus03

Established Member
ok i got some et streets bias but there on 17's
Give them a shot. I would definitely recommend at set of 28'' tall tires for the amount of power that you are making. Are you leaving off a two-step? I would say 28'' slicks and a two-step will get the job done pretty good.

SVTboy

Established Member
You will need a two step of some sort to get that car off the line, otherwise no matter what tires you have you will bog every time... or you could ride out the clutch untill it gets into boost.... Trust me, I have the same turbo set up, without a two step it always fell on its face. I finally put in an MSD ignition, ended up goin mid 1.5 sixties with the IRS and a 16" et street..... Been there, done that........

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Almo and F8lsnake both have solid rears and Eaton superchargers. Little different technique required for this as opposed to an IRS turbo car.

IMO, you will need a TON of trial and error to get your setup launching like you want. Whereas MT drag radials are certainly better than street tires, with that IRS you will probably have a much better opportunity to launch sucessfully with a MT ET Street or Hoosier QTP. The two step would help tremendously with 12-13 psi in the tires and a 4,500+/- rpm launch.

Users who are viewing this thread