ET's for my 5.0

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Alright here's the deal. I have a 90 Mustang GT with an auto. Last summer with just headers and H-pipe I went 16.2. (crappy, I know). Well I was tired of mediocre times so i added a flowmaster catback, pulleys, a/c elim, smog elim, electric fan, cold air intake, 65 mm throttle body, 4:10 gears, a rebuilt c4 with a TCI Break away convertor, shift kit and b&m hammer shifter and weld wheels. Plus i'm tryin to drop about 150-200 lbs. off the car. BTW the transmission set up isn't set yet, but does it sound good? Anyways I was wondering about what times I should be getting with this setup. I'm hoping for 13's but I don't know if it'll make it there....

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
With a stall? I would think 13's would be likely. If you want to take away the power draining accesories, get rid of the power steering pump, that'll hold you back more then a/c or smog will.

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I'm curious what was causing your car to run only a 16.2. From what I have seen, your car should be at least in the mid-15 second range even with AOD. That means you could be down on power by 40+ hp.

You might check basic things like cap/rotor/wires, timing, air filter, plugs. Was the fuel filter replaced lately? Are the tires at proper pressure? At least I would start there. There could be a combination of things causing low performance.

Last edited:

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
i have two 5.0's and they both ran that stock, could also be that it has 167,000 miles on the odometer

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
Hmmm...still stounds slow. Some stock 5.0's w/auto can break into the 14's, but that isn't common. High miles can be an issue, but it isn't always a problem...

Did you run at altitude?

Users who are viewing this thread