Even flow gen 2 - question

03SVT_SWE

Established Member
Finally I'm doing the installation of this cooling mod. I did not drain the entire radiator, just opened up the upper radiator hose and emptied the crossover from there. Is it really necessary to empty the entire radiator?

When knocking out thfe freeze plug and remove the restrictor, will there be a fountain due to this (not emptied the entire radiator)? I'm not fully updated on the cooling system in general.

Thanks!

Blueline

Established Member
No Need to empty the entire system. I usually feed a thin tube in the crossover plug and pull out as much as possible with hand pump. When I pull the freeze out plug Im usually well below the head. Much shouldnt come out, Just make sure you refill and burp the system again.

03SVT_SWE

Established Member
No Need to empty the entire system. I usually feed a thin tube in the crossover plug and pull out as much as possible with hand pump. When I pull the freeze out plug Im usually well below the head. Much shouldnt come out, Just make sure you refill and burp the system again.

Thanks man. I'll give it a try this evening!
Is it really necessary to remove the restrictor?

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
I hate that cooling mod so bad. LOL
Agreed
Please elaborate.
I don't know what TRBO VNM's reasons are but IMO. They add more clutter to an already messy engine bay. The LDC or cobra engineering HCM's are a superior design however require at minimum the removal of your transmission. But they are out of site and simple

cj428mach

Established Member
Agreed

I don't know what TRBO VNM's reasons are but IMO. They add more clutter to an already messy engine bay. The LDC or cobra engineering HCM's are a superior design however require at minimum the removal of your transmission. But they are out of site and simple

LDC isn't made anymore and I've spoken to one member that has the Cobra Engineering HCM and they said it doesn't fit very well. The only option maybe the MMR setup.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Jason is probably talking about the freeze plug and wiring harness that can be a bitch. Especially with the blower still on.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
OP, all you need to do is drain enough water so that the coolant level is below the freeze plug that you will be knocking out, no need to drain the entire radiator or cooling system.

The Evenflow/Lethal Performance cooling mod is about the simplest cooling mod there is and works just like the others but returns the coolant to a different location, that's really the only difference as far as function. With it being simple, it is some peoples opinion that it is not the best looking as you have the "T" in the upper radiator hose and the heater hose coming up the front of the passenger side of the motor, but the install can be done without removing anything.

We also carry the MMR unit which is really nice, but removal of the transmission is required like some of the others and it's a little more expensive. If you're already doing a clutch or something and want a kit that is a little more discrete, then that may be an option for you.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Users who are viewing this thread