Event prep for the Milwaukee Auto Show Feb. 23-March 4

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Next weekend the Milwaukee Auto Show will be starting. As a member, I've been asked by the Northwood's Shelby Club to represent the newest Shelby by bringing my car to show for the nine days of the event. :coolman: They will have a Shelby Mustang displayed from every year.

My Nephew came to work today to help me prep (Ok, he did most of the work) the car for the event. We started out with a wash, clay bar, re-wash and wax. All I can say is Damn! :-D She hardly looks like she's ever been on a race track! :bowdown:

Kind of gives you an idea of how my new race shop is coming along also! :D

rrquartermodbt7.jpg

lfclosewt5.jpg

The event staff requires all cars to have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel (I wonder if that's to make them more dangerous in case of fire?!? :rollseyes ) so I was trying to figure out how to get the tank emptied seeing Road America was shut down for the Winter! ;-) I tried putting a hose down the filler neck but didn't have any luck doing that. My Buddy Marv tells me there's some sort of a trap door that prevents vagrants from stealing your fuel. (which I thought was a pretty cool idea!!) So I thought of pumping the fuel out with the fuel pump or disconnecting the fuel gauge. Unfortunately stuff like that just isn't as easy with this car like it was in the good old days. So, after talking to Marv (he was going to look into the fuel system wiring) I just decided to rip out the rear seat and pull the fuel pumps out of the fuel tank and siphon the fuel out from there. :idea: It worked pretty damn good! :read:

gassuckpassyk7.jpg

So if any of you are planning on going to the Milwaukee Auto Show you'll see my car there.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Car looks great!just courious do you wax the stripes also or will it hurt them?That should be pretty cool having everyone admiring your car,just watch them like a hawk so no one touches it:nono:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
1bad04cobra said:
Car looks great!just courious do you wax the stripes also or will it hurt them?That should be pretty cool having everyone admiring your car,just watch them like a hawk so no one touches it:nono:

We did not wax the stripes. I'm not sure if it would hurt them or not. But it's not necessary IMHO.

The cars will be roped off and spectators will only be able to admire them from a distance. Security will keep an eye on them after hours. The vehicles will be locked.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Wow nice shop Bruce! That's a great shot of the fuel pumps... how convenient! Wish I could make it but it just a little too far for me to drive... Have a good one!

Lutzcat

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
We did not wax the stripes. I'm not sure if it would hurt them or not. But it's not necessary IMHO.

Bruce, I contacted Meguiars wax and inquired about waxing the stripes a few months ago to see if waxing would harm the vinyl, They said go ahead, the wax would not harm them. Before I waxed mine I noticed some stains on the white stripes from bird crap, etc. between washing and was a bitch to get them out. After waxing, no problem.

Scott

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
ELITE1 said:
What are the metal struts next to the seatbelts in the last pic, just curious?

Pete:

That is my SN-95 harness bar adapted to the S-197 chassis. I only used it as a camera mount for the event last Fall at Road America. Had to get that video footage you know! :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I've got a couple of more pre-show photos here to share. Saturday I forgot to take my camera so I have yet to get "show" pics! :(

Here's the car in the freight elevator going to the second floor to the Shelby Display:

freightelevatorsmpt3.jpg

Then in position for the display:

gt500preshow2smln7.jpg

Here's the row of Shelby's. Yet to appear is the 1965 GT350! :rockon:

shelbydisplaysmvq9.jpg

The plastic has been removed covering the carpeting on the floor. The cars have been chained off also.

I hope to get some pics from down at the show sometime this week!

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Sorry this is a little late here! It's been crazy busy!

Some pics from the car show:

gt500showdisplayar3.jpg

These are the real deal folks:

2cobraspy2.jpg

One from every year:

displayrearsmxj2.jpg

And a nice array of colors too:

showdisplaywr7.jpg

It was quite the sight!

displayclosesmcg9.jpg

What did the Shelby GT500 and the Ford Reflex (concept car) have in common at the Milwaukee Auto Show? Ford won two big awards for excellence in display at the show for these two vehicles.

Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread