Ever been OC Sprayed?

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
I'm in the middle of my academy training for the Highway Patrol, and we got OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) sprayed on Thursday. I would say I can take a good amount of pain, but hoooooly shyt! I was in severe agony for well over two hours. Then whenever I'd take a shower, it'd activate and set my ass on fire all over again. This was easily the worst pain I've ever been in. I was talking to another guy who had prior military experience and had been shot and stabbed. He said he'd take another bullet or stab wound any day before he'd get sprayed w/ this crap again. After getting sprayed, I couldn't think, focus, see, breathe...Nothing. It sucked; I felt like I was in the pits of hell for what seemed like eternity, and there was nothing I could do about it. Water just made the pain worse. The only thing I could do was run around w/ my eyes closed. Air was the only thing that would ease the pain a little bit. There would have to be a severe amount of money involved to make me go through that again. Anyways, just thought I'd share my experience. Anyone else ever been sprayed w/ this junk?

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Bring a gallon of milk and some johnson and johnson no tears baby shampoo. After you have been sprayed use the J&J and milk to clean your eyes. Make sure to shower real good and get your hair especialy well. Drink the milk and use it in your eyes. It will speed up recovery.

PS Dont Breath underwater.

Reading Comp owns me. Well Wish I could have talked with you prior. Sucks don't it.

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
My buddy graduated from the Police Academy earlier this year and he got hit with OC. I got to go there and watch. He got F'ed up lol. They had firehoses set out that sprayed up like a little fountain though, and he was ok after about an hour. Still hurting, but not miserable. I was laughing at him.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I assume we are talking about mace?
If so, when I was about 10 my buddy bought some at a gas station, on the way home a group of us was walking down the alley (me behind them) When he sprayed it in the air. I did not know it, and walked straight into it.
They basically carried me home to my dad, to practically drown me in the bath tub. He turned on the water and held me face up under it.
Since hen I have had new respect for mace, and the guys in the military how have water hose's sprayed in their faces while doing sit-ups.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
been there, done that.. OC spray SUCKS. I had to do it to carry it for ASF (Auxulary Security Force) on Naval Air Station Whidbey Island.. Now I'm one of the guys in charge of security onboard my ship, and have to carry the crap with me.. I think a lot of people would rather be shot than have OC used on them..

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Slow03Cobra said:
I'm in the middle of my academy training for the Highway Patrol, and we got OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) sprayed on Thursday. I would say I can take a good amount of pain, but hoooooly shyt! I was in severe agony for well over two hours. Then whenever I'd take a shower, it'd activate and set my ass on fire all over again. This was easily the worst pain I've ever been in. I was talking to another guy who had prior military experience and had been shot and stabbed. He said he'd take another bullet or stab wound any day before he'd get sprayed w/ this crap again. After getting sprayed, I couldn't think, focus, see, breathe...Nothing. It sucked; I felt like I was in the pits of hell for what seemed like eternity, and there was nothing I could do about it. Water just made the pain worse. The only thing I could do was run around w/ my eyes closed. Air was the only thing that would ease the pain a little bit. There would have to be a severe amount of money involved to make me go through that again. Anyways, just thought I'd share my experience. Anyone else ever been sprayed w/ this junk?

I didnt think the OC training was that bad. I think getting hit with the X26 taser was worse.

And I would never recommend getting shot over sprayed.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
BLOWN PONY said:
I assume we are talking about mace?
If so, when I was about 10 my buddy bought some at a gas station, on the way home a group of us was walking down the alley (me behind them) When he sprayed it in the air. I did not know it, and walked straight into it.
They basically carried me home to my dad, to practically drown me in the bath tub. He turned on the water and held me face up under it.
Since hen I have had new respect for mace, and the guys in the military how have water hose's sprayed in their faces while doing sit-ups.

OC is about a hundred times stronger than the stuff you could buy over the counter.

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
a friend of mine got maced by a cop when he was being a drunk dumbass, and he said it was the worst thing he ever felt, he kept taking his clothes off to let his nuts get some air and the cops would beat him for taking his pants off, it was damn funny to us watching but proabably not to him, lol

CSD

Banned
Slow03Cobra said:
Severe agony for well over two hours? Thats odd! Its effects only bothered me 20 minutes, 30 at the most. The same can be said for 92 other recruits in my class. We also ran an obstacle course immediately after getting sprayed. That includes focus and maintaining your composure! Not trying to be an ass but man up dude, you sound weak. What are you gonna do when you make it to the streets with your FTO, intiate an mv stop for outstanding warrants on the RO, go to make the arrest and subject resists forcing FTO to use OC and oh shit its windy and gets in your eyes?? This shit happens bro, you better realize it, quick! Good luck and stay safe

CSD

Banned
type911 said:
Bring a gallon of milk and some johnson and johnson no tears baby shampoo. After you have been sprayed use the J&J and milk to clean your eyes. Make sure to shower real good and get your hair especialy well. Drink the milk and use it in your eyes. It will speed up recovery.

PS Dont Breath underwater.

Reading Comp owns me. Well Wish I could have talked with you prior. Sucks don't it.
One guy in my class poured a gallon of milk on himself, lets just say it made it to the highlight reel. J&J did work well. Another recruit wen't into the showers after running the course, big mistake! The OC went from his face down to his balls, giving him fire balls. :lol: He was allowed to run around the academy in his boxers. Something ill never forget.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
CSD said:
Severe agony for well over two hours? Thats odd! Its effects only bothered me 20 minutes, 30 at the most. The same can be said for 92 other recruits in my class. We also ran an obstacle course immediately after getting sprayed. That includes focus and maintaining your composure! Not trying to be an ass but man up dude, you sound weak. What are you gonna do when you make it to the streets with your FTO, intiate an mv stop for outstanding warrants on the RO, go to make the arrest and subject resists forcing FTO to use OC and oh shit its windy and gets in your eyes?? This shit happens bro, you better realize it, quick! Good luck and stay safe
You must be using different stuff then, cuz there are over fifty recruits in my class and we all pretty much had the same affects. Nobody was over their affects in 20-30 minutes. We didn't run an obstacle course though either after we got sprayed. We had to fight off an officer hitting us with a bag for about thirty seconds, while protecting our gun. Then we had to go find a dummy BOB doll, and hit it for another thirty seconds. Then finally, we had to go search for a "bad guy" w/ some sort of weapon in his hands. After we identified the weapon, we had to prone him out and cuff him while contacting dispatch and telling them our location, situation, and to roll fire.

Anyways, all that to say...I'd take a tazer any day over this stuff.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
What you described sounds like the stuff my father-in-law get for his joint and muscle pain. You have to use gloves or a paper towel to put it on. It gets very very hot and goes deep. Burns like a (insert word(s) here.) The first time I used it, it got rid of all the pain. BUT when I took a shower the next morning the stuff actually blistered my skin like a 3rd degree sunburn. AND you can't wash the stuff off. I've used it twice and only twice.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Why'd you use water? When we got hit with it, the recommendation was air, and air only. The stuff we got hit with comes out liquid, but it's the aerosol that evaporates out of it that gets you.

Getting it wet puts weight on the aerosol stuff and just makes it stay longer on your skin/clothing.

I must've stood out in the range where they shot us with it for at least a half hour with my eyes tearing, praying for a STRONG wind to take the pain away, lol.

SM0KE

SVT God
Established Member
carrrnuttt said:
Why'd you use water? When we got hit with it, the recommendation was air, and air only. The stuff we got hit with comes out liquid, but it's the aerosol that evaporates out of it that gets you.

Getting it wet puts weight on the aerosol stuff and just makes it stay longer on your skin/clothing.

I must've stood out in the range where they shot us with it for at least a half hour with my eyes tearing, praying for a STRONG wind to take the pain away, lol.
Yeah, we just used the water to get the rest of the actual spray off our face. After that, we went for a run and it cooled the burning quite a bit.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Closest thing Ive ever experienced like that was when I was making salsa for spanish class. I suggest never touching anywhere near your eyes after cutting a jalapino, I got both eyes and was rolling on the groung for about 10 minutes. Looks like Ill get to do it again though when I go into the military; I cant wait!

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
i got pepper sprayed in the face during an assualt one time. i saw it coming before all hell broke loose. it was orangish in color and very oily. it was at least 10% capsicum if not stronger. bear spray is 20% and is not legal to be used on humans. after doing some reasearch on OC it seems that what i got hit with was 15%. it felt like my face was on fire and burning from the inside out despite all the ice and water i put on it which did absolutely nothing to ease the pain. the fire dep't showed up and would not even come into the bathroom where i was at to help me because the fumes were so bad. evertime i washed my self the resin in my hair would flow down into my eyes and rekindle the flame. enough snot poured out of my nose and enough tears flowed from my eyes to fill a glass, no lie. i was blinded for 45 minutes and then all of the sudden all of the agony was over. it was the most intensely painful thing i have ever experienced. it made a believer out of me. :burn:

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
CSD said:

mace is not the same as pepper spray. and not only that but pepper spray comes in different strengths. bear spray which is not supposed to be used on humans is 20%. just becasue it isn't approved to be used on humans doesn't mean that criminals don't use it on humans; like the one that used it on me. you don't know what weak is :fm:

Users who are viewing this thread