ever been sued?

DetroitDice

Established Member
Our material runner rear ended another vehicle on the expresway and sent it tumbling off the road, 1 person was killed, 3 were air lifted to the ER and 1 walked away. Our driver did not recieve a ticket, acording to the police report its a 50/50 split on whos fault it is. We were contacted by a lawyer asking what other insurance coverage we have because what the auto insurance policy covers isnt enough.

since the accident victims are from Ohio and were in Florida, I dont even know where to start

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You start with your insurance company. THEIR lawyer should be the one to represent you in the lawsuit. I was sued as a result of an accident and my insurance company did a bang up job and the plantiffs settled for what I told them I would pay initially ... the cost of a trip to the doc for a check up .. that's it. They were suing for 6 figures and settled for less than 2k. I suspect they were scamming us.

With a death involved however .. you should get your insurance company and your company's lawyer involved .. this could get ugly ....

DON'T talk to the other party or their insurance company. Do ALL communication with them through the attorney's .... They will be taping you and they WILL twist whatever you say to their advantage

SN95StangMan

Established Member
^ what he said. And i probably wouldnt go posting any more details about the situation on a public forum either. :D

Users who are viewing this thread