ever had a sunroof filled in?

skunk160

Established Member
the cobra im looking at has an aftermarket sunroof fitted....how much time trouble would it be for a bodyshop to fill the hole, respray the roof and fit a new headliner?

we talking big bucks you think? the car is spot on perfect apart form the roof imho

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
not only do i think it would be pretty costly but i would think you may run into some warping issues from the heat of the welder?

skunk160

Established Member
GETTEUP said:
not only do i think it would be pretty costly but i would think you may run into some warping issues from the heat of the welder?

you know what now youve said that i remembr hearin something similar about warping on Overhaulin or somesuch - i figured it was going to be a pain

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Just find a junk yard roof, swap them out and get the new roof resprayed. Not that simple but much less of a pain than welding, grinding, filling, sanding, and painting the repair would be.

Chanceman512

Ker-chow!!!
Established Member
My 01 Cobra has a sunroof, and 85k on it. All I did was add subframe connectors and my car is good to go. No problems whatsoever. It also awesome to cruise around in during the summer time!

Last edited:

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
I've had two cars with "holes" in the roof....one 82GT T-top car...the other was a convertable BMW....both eventually dripped water.

I would NEVER buy a non-hard top car....but that's just me.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
if this is the same car with 2.7 gears in the back I would just keep looking all together.

skunk160

Established Member
yeah it is the same car with the gears...and im the same about hard tops...i spent £1500 on a carbon fibre roof for my Lotus Elise as I dont like convertibles

ill pass but the choices seem to be very limited around here and it has to be close(ish)

Users who are viewing this thread