Ever since I've had my magnaflow catback....

2 SLOW

Keepin' it real
Established Member
all my friends have told me is that my car is very quiet, from a block away (behind me) they clearly hear the blower way above the exhaust sound. I thought this catback was supposed to be a little louder than that?

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
My Maggies are the same. That is why I like them.
I want to know how much louder a Bassani X will make it though.

BOOMER23

Established Member
yeah i got the same deal, I got a steeda catback (borla with traditional style mufflers) and I knew it was gonna be fairly quiet but I heard it was nice and deep sounding and thats what i like so I finally spent the big bucks on an MRT catted H pipe.....looks great, sounds great (best I can describe it would be that at idle its a little louder and when you are normally driving it keeps the exact same sound as the catback just a bit louder and then when you get on it WOT it yells at ya pretty good, Im loving the MRT even though it is pricey as hell!

tankerman1981

Established Member
yeah i had maggies before and at normal driving it's pretty tame but sounded pretty good at WOT... I myself like extrememly obnoxious thats why I went with a Full MAC system ( O/R H-Pipe, 2.5" Catback) now thats LOUD LOUD LOUD!!!

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I dont know whats up. I love my magnaflow and think it sounds nice and aggressive. Good enough for me. Maybe its just not the exhaust for you. Ask yourself this, do you like it? . Just because your friends think its not good doesnt mean that you shouldnt think so.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
2 SLOW said:
all my friends have told me is that my car is very quiet, from a block away (behind me) they clearly hear the blower way above the exhaust sound. I thought this catback was supposed to be a little louder than that?
Mine was even too quiet for me, and I don't like LOUD. Threw in a Maggie catted X and its now exactly how I like it. Still relatively subtle (but "deeper") at idle and easy cruising, but pert darn loud at or near WOT.

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
Special Blend said:
My Maggies are the same. That is why I like them.
I want to know how much louder a Bassani X will make it though.

If you like them now. I wouldn't add the X pipe. Big difference in sound, you'll pick up a few horse but your neighbors will hate you.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
2 SLOW said:
I am waiting to hear a local car with magnaflow and a offroad x pipe.

two of my friends have the regular magnaflow setup with upr offroad x pipe... sounds a lot like my steeda catback and upr offroad x pipe, except I think mine sounds a little cleaner at WOT. theirs does idle a little louder than mine...

There are sooooo many combos its ridiculous

Cold Brew

Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
two of my friends have the regular magnaflow setup with upr offroad x pipe... sounds a lot like my steeda catback and upr offroad x pipe, except I think mine sounds a little cleaner at WOT. theirs does idle a little louder than mine...

There are sooooo many combos its ridiculous

but does it sound good or bad?

whi tri

Established Member
I am thinkin that same thing because I have magnapacks and I have just ordered longtubes and an off road x pipe :lol: :rockon:

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
If it's a brand new system .. just wait

it will get louder .. I went thru the same (but since i had the stock FIX on my car (aka Flowmasters) I was also upset, but happy that I could drive on the interstate for 3-4 hours) LOL

03SD

Established Member
I have the magnaflow catback and I just put in the bassani x-pipe w/cats. It sounds good I think but I wish I got the MRT h-pipe...

monshell

Established Member
Bassani Exhaust

Hello All, this is my first thread after joining up last week. I respond to the exhaust subject. I have a GT with the full Bassani stainless system with the new style cats. It sounds very good! It's not as "raspy" as flowmaster. It has a very unique roar to it. And if you remove the cats, it is simply Awsome! Ed

svt10th03

I have a 03 10th anniversary torch red cobra. I have a set of cat back magna flow exhausts with a Rousch off-road X-pipe. Its kind of quite at Idle , but around 3 grand its sounds bad ass. It gets a little higher pitched when I get on it, but it sounds good none the less. I do seem to get a louder blower whine when at WOT. Does anyone have this similar setup. I have done to many other mods. I do have a 2.8 pulley,but haven't put it on. How should I put in on and do I need to get a new chip to re-program my car? Any help would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread