• I don't

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • I'm not telling

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Just curious. I made it an anonymous poll if you don't want people knowing what you have. I have some used LEO Level II stuff for home defense purposes; expired, but better than nothing.

quad

Established Member
Just curious. I made it an anonymous poll if you don't want people knowing what you have. I have some used LEO Level II stuff for home defense purposes; expired, but better than nothing.
Lots of people are thinking of getting it. I probably should also - size XXX Large.

A user called ‘KillAllWhitesTonight’ on AllHipHip wrote: “BEAUTIFUL. Let us pay back to these white cowards what they have done and are still doing unto us. I am armed… my full body armor suit is on its way in the mail and I am ready for war…. Die white bitches!”

Handlebar Moustache

Established Member
Lots of people are thinking of getting it. I probably should also - size XXX Large.

A user called ‘KillAllWhitesTonight’ on AllHipHip wrote: “BEAUTIFUL. Let us pay back to these white cowards what they have done and are still doing unto us. I am armed… my full body armor suit is on its way in the mail and I am ready for war…. Die white bitches!”
Wow. I'd be amazed if any of those brainless shits had the forethought to actually suit up. Definitely a nice thing to have tucked away.

4VFreak

Beyaaahhhh!!!!!
Established Member

Geno-04

Established Member
Checking in because I'm interested as well. Problem right now is same as with firearms and ammo, everywhere is sold out / back ordered.

I'm thinking of going with this vest:

Tactical Multi-Threat Vest Level IIIA - Safe Life Defense

Then one of these in the front slot:

AR500 Armor® Level III+ ASC Body Armor 10" x 12"

Probably going to be heavy but don't care. In a situation where I'd actually need armor I'm assuming adrenaline will help nullify the weight.

Make sure you add on the build up, and they aren’t that heavy

quad

Established Member
Is there a full armor suit available that will cover chest / back, shoulders / arms (forearms, biceps and triceps!), legs, hands / wrists, feet, neck and head?

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I posted about this in another thread. If you want the best get TYR, Crye Precision, or Eagle. Crye is what special operations typically uses, TYR is what I have and the carriers range from $500-$1200 but the soft armor can be optioned to handle up to .357 alone. I have a TYR PICO with the .357 rated soft armor and then level 3+ plates. TYR is the middle to high brand and Eagle is good pricing and what the bulk of the military uses. You don't want to go cheap on a kit and especially not plates. You really do get what you pay for and TYR seems to have lowered their prices on a lot of their setups. All three of those brands are modular also which means there are dozens of add-ons that allow you to build it up as you go and add and delete certain features.

Screenshot_20200620-232533_Gallery.jpg

jshen

Established Member
I thought about it years ago but I am too old..my response is steel 308....and do believe I will punch through most stuff but I learned to go to the head, legs / 12 gauge buck....with my 12 gauge.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Also, you want to make sure you are getting the right size also. When sizing it is based on the width of the plate and you want to make sure it is able to cover the width of both nipples. I'm 5'8 170lbs and while I was in the military and working out I was a large, but now I'm just at a medium plate. Point is, the sizing is not exactly what you would expect because I would assume I'm a medium all day long but I wore a large plate all throughout my service and If I started working out like I used to I would probably go back up to a large. Size is really important.

Blown 89

Established Member
I don't but I will. I'm looking into options not only for myself but also for my 4 year old. It's sad that our political climate has gotten to the point that I'm shopping for body armor.

I thought I was nuts and paranoid but I've had a surprising number of people ask about firearms as of late and I'm currently building three 300 blk builds for people.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Good I'll let you believe your body armor makes you tough, as I got two choices I can pack my hollowpoints with my little nasty surprise and you'll die no matter where I hit you, most just think torso and that is it or I'll just bust out the trusty 458 Lott and liquify your insides as it smacks you with over 6,000 Ft Lbs of energy. They have not made anything yet that can even hope to stop a freight train of that magnitude. Oh yeah the other 3 clowns behind you thinking rushing into my doorway is a good idea might want to disperse instead as I would probably also get them with the 458, 500 grain solid.

Again these THUGS have no idea how people like me live or know which is good as if they did they could cause a lot of problems and damage.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Good I'll let you believe your body armor makes you tough, as I got two choices I can pack my hollowpoints with my little nasty surprise and you'll die no matter where I hit you, most just think torso and that is it or I'll just bust out the trusty 458 Lott and liquify your insides as it smacks you with over 6,000 Ft Lbs of energy. They have not made anything yet that can even hope to stop a freight train of that magnitude. Oh yeah the other 3 clowns behind you thinking rushing into my doorway is a good idea might want to disperse instead as I would probably also get them with the 458, 500 grain solid.

Again these THUGS have no idea how people like me live or know which is good as if they did they could cause a lot of problems and damage.

Body armor will stop a hollow point, but nothing will stop a 458. Most all armor is rated for up to 30.06. Level 3+ is rated for a single 30.06 and level 4+ is rated for multiple 30.06. I believe that is the main difference between the two. Even armored vehicles like the Lenco Bear and Bearcat are only rated to stop 30.06.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

As long at it’s five ( or more) on one they have a ton of courage.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread