Everyone who welded a bung for their A/F Get inside!

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Okay, did you notice your exhaust sound any different? I think mine always had a clicky ticky noise b/c of the upr o/r x but its loud now in first at low rpms like when im feathering it to go...like not loud just noticable, def. sounds like an exhaust leak so i go under her today and checked and re tightened everything down, still same sound! lol I think oh three cobra has the same problem! Anyone else!

Sounds like it is coming from the header/x pipe where they meet on the side it was welded!

TRBO VNM

I had one welded on both sides. I think there might be a slight leak, but I can't hear it. I actually got ghetto and used JB weld and filled in some small spaces in the welds. it may have helped.

BruntzySVT

Established Member
ahhh upr is great, its a leak, CHRIS fix it u caused it! how doesit sound UPR owners when u barely feather it? lil ticky?

TRBO VNM

BruntzySVT said:
ahhh upr is great, its a leak, CHRIS fix it u caused it! how doesit sound UPR owners when u barely feather it? lil ticky?

not at all. mine sounds great with the catback

jimh

Established Member
I've had mine welded in for about a year now. Stock exhaust and still sounds just as quiet as it ever did. Maybe there's some pin holes around the weld. Get a mirror or drop the pipe and look for signs of an exhaust leak around the bung.

jim

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Off the subject a bit...but how many of you have had issues with warranty because of a bung in it? I've heard of dealers that have a problem with that...they know why it's there. As long as you have used it to check your a/f ratio...and never had a tune. there isn't a damn thing they can do about it. But it would sure make them look for other things!!

Users who are viewing this thread