everything needed for a T56 upgrade?

shane12286

Established Member
im gonna be needing a tranny soon, mine is going out and i want to upgrade to a T-56 maybe a viper spec.... i have been searching on here and havent really been able to locate a complete list of everything needed for this upgrade. so if anyone could just give me a complete list of parts i will need for this swap it would be much appreciated! thank you!!
:beer:

jerryu

Like you, I'll be upgrading my T45 to a Viper T56 soon. I don't know if this is a complete list since I haven't actually performed the swap yet, but it should get you thinking in the right direction.

- Viper T56 Transmission
- Shorter aluminum drive shaft
- Adjustable Clutch Cable
- New Crossmember

All the above came from D&D Performance http://www.ddperformance.com/T56 Kits.htm

In addition to the D&D Performance parts, I also bought:
- Steeda Firewall adjuster
- Steeda Double Hook Quadrant
- Steeda Tri-Ax shifter (I might change this out for a Pro 5.0 - most people seem to prefer it over the Tri-Ax)
- New clutch
- Aluminum flywheel

About the only thing I don't have is the Clutch Cable Dust Shield - the new T56 didn't come with it. My local Ford dealer sells them for around $70 and they say that you don't really need one unless you're going to be driving in the rain a lot. I'll probably end up getting it just to be on the safe side since my car is a daily driver.

Even though I didn't buy the T56 directly from D&D, they were very helpful when I called up with questions - they can probably help you out with figuring what all the parts you need are.

I hope this helps you.

Last edited:

jerryu

b dub said:
dont you need something for the speedo too?

I'm not sure if you need anything for the speedo. I think as long as you get the right transmission (one equipped to handle an electric speedo, or a mechanical speedo) you're fine.

Jettsaleen281

UT at Austin
Established Member
jerryu said:
Like you, I'll be upgrading my T45 to a Viper T56 soon. I don't know if this is a complete list since I haven't actually performed the swap yet, but it should get you thinking in the right direction.

- Viper T56 Transmission
- Shorter aluminum drive shaft
- Adjustable Clutch Cable
- New Crossmember

All the above came from D&D Performance http://www.ddperformance.com/T56 Kits.htm

In addition to the D&D Performance parts, I also bought:
- Steeda Firewall adjuster
- Steeda Double Hook Quadrant
- Steeda Tri-Ax shifter (I might change this out for a Pro 5.0 - most people seem to prefer it over the Tri-Ax)
- New clutch
- Aluminum flywheel

About the only thing I don't have is the Clutch Cable Dust Shield - the new T56 didn't come with it. My local Ford dealer sells them for around $70 and they say that you don't really need one unless you're going to be driving in the rain a lot. I'll probably end up getting it just to be on the safe side since my car is a daily driver.

Even though I didn't buy the T56 directly from D&D, they were very helpful when I called up with questions - they can probably help you out with figuring what all the parts you need are.

I hope this helps you.

i think ur list is missing a couple of things.... i dunno what yet, but i'll try to find out. My roommate did it to his cobra a while back. I'll ask him later today.

out99sider

Established Member
u need a Dallas Mustang Speedcal Extended range. i didnt use a new crossmember, just relocated the T-45 one. looks like you got everything else.

callibesh77

Established Member
how much money would you be looking at putting into your car wiht a t-56 swap? i was thinking about it too because of the piece of tash tranny that i have, but then i started thinking about all of the costs that would be involved and thought maybe it would jsut be better to go with a new t-5 or t-45.

out99sider

Established Member
cost for install was around $700, tranny around $1300, driveshaft $240ish, speedcal $100, shifter $180. so around $3k at absolute most.

Users who are viewing this thread