Evo 8 MR

svtxchinoy

Established Member
I was on board for the STi until I saw this monster. This is probably a car I would consider trading my Cobra in for, but thats not gonna happen, love the cobra too much, hehe. Anyways, I wasnt an EVO fan until I read on the specs on this car. Suppose to have an extra 15-20hp and has a 0-60 of 4.3sec. The roof is made of alumnium which is reinforced for lighter weight and they strapped on a bigger turbo with dual solenoid wastegate for improved stability in torque through the midrange. I don't know, what you guys think?

mitsuevo0402041.jpg

mitsuevo0402042.jpg

http://www.motors.gr/news_mitsubishi_lancer_evo_viii_mr_040204.htm

Thats the website for more of the specs. I forget how to convert kg/m to lb/ft. :shrug:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I also hear it has aluminum doors. Maybe the Evo is finally close to the Cobra in a race? The only problem is it costs something like 40k.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
I really like it, the one I saw in SPEED was a red one and I thought it looked pretty nice. I would still go for the RS (I think that is what the stripped down version is called).

2000blackone

Established Member
Where the EVO shines is not in pure acceleration. That thing can grip at nearly 1g and slalom at over 71mph. I would love to own the MR but would probably look at a Cobra first. :)

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 2000blackone
Where the EVO shines is not in pure acceleration. That thing can grip at nearly 1g and slalom at over 71mph. I would love to own the MR but would probably look at a Cobra first. :)

Yea, its just pretty much what kind of car you want. If I was looking for a car that would own just about everything on the strip, I would definantly go for the Cobra, but if I wanted something that could keep up with some high dollar exotics on the track, I would go for an EVO. Both are awesome cars.

bamabubba

Hardcore Cobra Wanter
Established Member
lmao!!!

Originally posted by LS-WHAT?
and no A/C or radio. kind of like a cobra R.

yea...and its not even close to a cobra R. they should have kept the radio and ac.....stupid idea. how much faster can it be with that removed? lol. i can just see it. guy sittin at a light with the windows down singing to himself thinkin hes got the fastest ride on the planet and a cobra with the windows up and the ac crankin rolls up and hes over there sweating bullets thinkin...yea...i got no ac...im gonna smoke this dude....lmao!!!!just my 2 cents. Btw...the cobra...with a radio...would be blasting out "let the bodies hit the floor"lmao!!

:burnout:
Bubba

Last edited:

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
Same 4 door car.
Same massive wing.
Now includes hideous multi-spoke ricer wheels.

The new EVO MR.....because sometimes you still dont get a car right on the second time around.

When will the car makers learn that the 4 door look just isnt "sporty"??

Cal

Established Member
I'd buy it for the roadcourse, but then again, the idea of making a cobra for twisty duties is overwealming.

Originally posted by LS-WHAT?
and no A/C or radio. kind of like a cobra R. and where i live we need a/c. so no. not for me.

Hey there is an upside. Now ricers cant use "My A/C was on" or "My Stereo was blastin" as an excuse of why they lost.

Users who are viewing this thread